
I realized I never posted about one of mine (and the kids) favorite holiday tradition. We have a holiday elf that visits starting December 1st. He leaves special notes, candy, or little items for the kids in this elf house. I made the house this year after seeing it on someone else's blog. (I'm such a copy cat!) The elf hides in various spots around the house so the first thing Elizabeth does is search for the elf. It makes it really fun in the month of December. He also reports back to Santa so we get a little better behavior, too :)

There is he, hanging out on the mantel.

Showing off one of their presents ...Elizabeth got headbands and Ben a giant cricket. I wonder what they'll get tomorrow...
4 comments:
I love that little elf!! Could you have the kids send word with him that Emily wants one of them to start visiting her next year? That would be great...
~Allison
I love the pics! They look like they love the presents, even Elizabeth still!
Jessica
How fun! I'm so glad you told me about this, Elliott loves the elf too. Although he seems to be getting her out of bed earlier and earlier every morning.....
Laura,
This is teh cutest idea I have seen in a long time. Here I thought I was all Martha by doing reindeer food! I think an elf might appear in KC next year (if I remember)
Post a Comment