Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ben's Party Games


We had Ben's birthday parties at our house yesterday, but instead of posting all of the parties, I decided to break it up a little bit (or else we would have the longest post ever!) We had two parties at our house. The one on the morning was our neighborhood friends and the afternoon party was our families and other friends. This is the barn the kids and I made for our garage. It ended up being an even bigger hit with the kids than I thought. They pretended to be the 3 little pigs and the wolf, and one would "blow" the barn down. (not all the way, thank goodness, or we would have squished some kids!) This is Find Farmer Ben's Animals in the hay. I had directions to each game typed up near the games. They were supposed to dig through the hay (paper) and find little animals - and the kids got to take 2 home with them.
Just some decorations on our chalkboard wall in the garage.

Farmer Ben's Beanbag Toss. The goal was to knock down the cups and receive an animal sticker.

Fish in Farmer Ben's pond. If they caught a fish they got a farm tattoo.

Milk the Cow - they got a sucker after this game. I think each kid had a least 4 suckers - Ben probably had 10! Suckers are a huge treat for him so he was taking advantage of us not paying too close of attention to what he was doing. :)

One of the kid tables.
The cake and cupcakes. Not my favorite cake I ever made, but it was alright. All in all everyone had a lot of fun. I'll post all the kids tomorrow!

8 comments:

jessica said...

The party was SO cute, Cooper had a blast, and you went all out! I want to do a farm party now and take all of your ideas! Ben was a great farmer!
Jessica

Allison said...

Thanks for having us over Farmer Ben! What a party!! You forgot to mention the pasta salad ;) hehe

I say go for it Jessica... I would even host it AT Laura's. I bet she would just leave it all up for the next month - sisterly love!

~Allison

The Martys said...

Oh my goodness...... your party for Ben was adorable. What a lucky little boy. What great games. Very clever Laura.

I would do the same thing too, Jessica. You could save money, just borrow everything from Laura. (ha ha)

I am going to do that for Evan.

It sounds like you all had a good time. Wish we could have been there to celebrate. Emma would have loved it.

Amy

chrissy said...

I've been waiting all weekend for the pictures. E had so much fun, she came home and told me all about it. Everything looks so cute! You did such an awesome job! So sad I had to miss it.

Val said...

How cute!!!

You have the best ideas! You should be a party planner on the side!!!

Happy Belated Birthday, Ben!!!

Love,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having us to the great parties! We LOVED them! What great ideas! I will need help thinking of ideas for our birthday parties!
Janet

Nikki said...

You are unbelievable. Very cute party - the kids all look like they had a blast! Will you please come here and do all of the decorating and make the cakes for my kids birthdays?

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a sensational party for Ben! He's a lucky boy, I mean farmer! Your are very clever AND energetic to put that all together - it will be a hard act to follow! Good luck moms of the guests!! :)
~meg