
The elf brought a couple of activities for the kids to do, along with a little treat today. This is a roll and color reindeer. You roll the dice and color in the part of the reindeer that has the number you rolled. This was mostly for Ben, and as you can see, it was a little hard for him! :)

Jessica also told us about an activity which was similar to the reindeer. I drew a snowman and labeled all his body parts 1 - 6. We rolled and the kids had to free draw on the paper the part with the correct number. (both of my kids really need to work on those fine motor writing/drawing skills. They both are like me and Tom - not the best handwriting in the world!)
I thought Elizabeth did pretty well. It was hard to draw the arm (the first number we rolled) before the rest of the body, and get it in relatively the right spot.

Here's Ben's. It's kind of recognizable! :)

Working so hard on his snowman.

On to the snow. Yes - we got snow here in Texas. Just a little bit, but enough to make a small snowball and throw it at someone!
10 comments:
I think she willed the snow! Kids hopes/prayers are very powerful. Tell Elizabeth thank you from me because I rather enjoyed my drive to work that morning ;)
I loved pictures of their art work. Very cute idea. The pictures in the snow are really cute. I love how bundled up they are!!
That is a pretty hard to draw a freehand snowman starting with the arm! Good job Elizabeth! Ben also did well with his snowman - I love the pic of him concentrating.
~Allison
Great idea with the drawings! Maybe I can try this with Kindergarten...to work on their listening skills.:)
The snow was awseome to watch! Tell Elizabeth thank you as well.
Fun fun! I think both snaowmen deserve a frame! So is Elizabeth thinking we will have a white Christmas?... Hmmm we should take her vagas :)
The pictures make me cold all over again! Lotta snow...men and falling!
Your are such a good mom!
Those snowmen are awesome. THey did a great job!
These are great and the activities are fun, I think I might have to try a little with Sam, how did you do it with Ben?
We are supposed to get snow here this week!! YEAH! Sam is very excited, we tell her that Papa Ron sends her the snow from Heaven as her special treat :)
Nichole - That is so sweet about her grandpa sending the snow for a special treat - that makes me want to cry :) Ben did ok...I don't know if I would have tried it if with just him, but I did want to see how well he could do. When it was time for the hat I made sure to ask him, where does his hat go, stuff like that and it helped to prompt him to put it in the right spot. He did a fairly good job.
Post a Comment