Monday, February 23, 2009

Ben's Farm Birthday Revisited

I know Ben's birthday was back in January, but I am submitting his birthday to Tip Junkie - a very fun website full of tips - and I needed a more condensed version of what we did. So feel free to skip this post if you already saw his birthday :).





Here's our invite. It says:


Click, Clack, Baa, Moo


Benjamin is turning 2!








Our barn cake and cupcakes. The siding of the barn is Foot by the Foot fruit rollups and the roof is Crispix cereal.


The set table. We had a few farm activities set up around the garage for the kids to rotate through. This was find the animals in the hay. The kids searched through shredded paper (hay) to find little plastic animals that they got to take home. I had the directions to each activity typed up and posted.


Beanbag toss. I just glued pictures of farm animals on the cups for the kids to throw the beanbag and knock them over. They got a farm animal tattoo when they finished the game.


I got a refrigerator box from Lowes and painted it to look like a barn. A big hit with the kids!



Fishing Hole - the fish all had paper clips attached - the kids went fishing with poles and magnets. They got a farm sticker for every fish that was caught.

The last activity was milking the cow. We put a rubber glove filled with water with holes poked in the fingers for the kids to "milk". They loved it!

Our goodie bags. It was a fun time - especially for a farm party that had to be indoors (the party was in January).

No comments: