Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend of Projects


(the ghost face kids are coming back...along with sunscreen season!)
The past 2 weekends we have gotten some projects done around the house. The first one was a sandbox. We had a little plastic one in our old house that works well for our 2 kids. Once you get more than 2 kids it gets a little crowded (if anyone wants our other plastic one you can have it!). So Tom and Elizabeth built this new, big sandbox. We are thinking it will easily fit all the cousins at one time!

(Ignore the mess!) I painted Elizabeth's bedroom yesterday afternoon. I just finished in these pictures. Sometime this week I am going to paint the nook a darker pink color and paint a border of flowers around her room. I'll post a picture when it's done.


I backed the shelves in this fun pattern.
Ben's room is getting more complete. Here is some art I made with the help of my friend Allison when I had a craft night at my house. (thanks Allison!)

Ben also got a new bed (that was Tom's job last weekend...putting this thing together). I was a little nervous letting him sleep in the top but he does great! It comes up to the top of my chest so it's not too high, but he really likes having such a fun bed.
Here he is asleep in his bed for the first time.
Elizabeth had some big news - she lost another tooth. Here are her tooth fairy treats - a pack of gum and some change.

Ben got a train table from G&G B for Christmas but we never went to get it since we had no where to put it. This week my mom and I went to the store and picked it up. Tom and the kids had a great time putting it together - weren't they so helpful?!
Our weekends haven't been so restful, but they have been very productive!
I love that!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you've decorated their bedrooms! I need to recruit you to come help me do Natalie & Katie's rooms when we move into our new house!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!


Valerie

Allison said...

It is looking great! Thanks for the shout out but I really didn't do much - you get all of the credit. I LOVE productive weekends!!! I can tell from the pics that Tom does too. ;)

The Martys said...

You have been one busy momma. The bedrooms are looking great. I love the signs you made for Ben's room. Very cute. His bed looks pretty awesome too. Where did you get it? I am also curious on the color pink you used? Emma is getting a pink room too. Love the picture of Tom and the kids. He looks really thrilled to put the table together with 2 kiddos in tow.

Keep the pics coming.

Love-Aunt Amy

Joanne said...

Wow you guys have been busy!! I can't wait to see it all tomorrow! Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to everything Amy said...seriously!

TLEB said...

Thanks Val - I would love to come help decorate/paint your girl's rooms! I love that stuff! When do you move into your house?
Amy - the paint is called Baby Girl and it's Olympic from Lowes- it's supposed to be no VOC but it still smells to me! We got his bed at Ikea!

Tom does look thrilled in the pic - doesn't he?! :)

Erin K said...

Love the color you painted E's room. Just the right shade of pink. Can't wait to see it complete. I guess you decided to keep Ben's walls the same? They look great too! I bet you're worn out and you deserve some much needed rest. Maybe you can take a weekend off from projects.:)

Anonymous said...

We have a tentative closing date of the 31st (March)!! I'm so excited. I would love your opinions, etc.


Val

jessica said...

Love it love it! I agree, you've been very busy! Cooper loves Ben's bed, we might have to get one of those for him! :)