Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ben's First Day of School

Ben finally had his first day of school at zoo school. I was a little unsure about how he would do since he gets a little (sometimes a lot) nervous without me.
He woke up and was very excited to go to school.

Can you tell?
Luckily cousin Cooper was in Ben's class, which made it really fun for them both.

The boys were anxiously waiting at the door for a chance to go to class,

when a new school friend joined them at the door. They look a little confused! ;)
The boys both had a great day!
(thank goodness)
Last week we also had a Grandparents Breakfast at Elizabeth's school. This was the first event the PTA committee I am on had to host, so I didn't get to actually sit much with my family. Tom took these pictures for me. My dad and my father in law are in line for the coffee - can you see them? It's like Where's Waldo!!
Elizabeth and her Grandmas. She's so lucky that both sets of her grandparents live near her.
Elizabeth felt very special having breakfast with all her grandparents. I think everyone had a good time!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Very nice! Hope it (Grandparents breakfast) was a roaring success for your debut project! ;)

Ben going to school was hilarious. Must have been a special day with his hair all "done up." Why am I not surprised that your two boys would be there first?! ;) Super moms!

jessica said...

aww, what cute pictures of the boys at zoo school! I agree, loved Ben's hair like that, looked so "special" :) Grandparents day looked like it was a lot of fun, Elizabeth looked so proud to have her grandparents there!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I think I see your dad...but really the boy in the red/white striped shirt looks more like Waldo. Thanks for the challenge ;)

Joanne said...

Those boys look so grown up waiting for school to start!

What fun with the grandparents day! I still remember my Paw Paw coming to grandparents day at my school, brings a tear to my eye! How special for Elizabeth to have all of her grandparents there!

Erin K said...

That's such a cool sign hanging behind Ben! Did you make it? Very cool! I love that they had grendparent's day at school. How nice! Sounds like your kiddos are going to really enjoy their schools.