Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday, Ben!!

It's been a really long time since I posted, and for good reason! We were in Disney World!! Ben was lucky enough to celebrate his birthday in Disney World (his actual birthday was on our drive home - not so fun - but the day before we celebrated it at Magic Kingdom).
Ben got a birthday cake in a pirates treasure chest! (lucky boy!) The Winnie the Pooh characters even signed a card for him. (a little bit of a forced smile there :)
Here is Ben on his actual birthday (at 3am waiting for dad to get the car!) More on that story later.
They look pretty good for 3 am! :)
The entire drive home (18 hours!) Ben couldn't quit asking when he got to open his presents so bright and early the next morning Ben opened his presents! This ecstatic expression is from opening a shaving kit - he really wanted it! :)

There it is - the shaving kit.
A candy toy thing he picks up every single time we are in the check out line at Target.

And he got a pogo stick!! That kid loves adventurous stuff! This one is made for younger kids to start because it's on a base that stands up by itself - so he is bouncing up and down but the base never actually leaves the ground. Once he's more stable on it we'll take off the base. We also went to Ci Ci's for lunch with all of our family. This year we are doing Ben's birthday a little differently - we're sharing a party with Cooper. So the party won't be for a few weeks and will be a smaller crowd than normal, mostly just our mutual friends and family. It will be a good time!!
Disney World is next!

7 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to our Ben!! We sure had fun with you in WDW. I can't believe you are 4.
I love you!!! Grandma

Allison said...

FOUR?! I mean, I knew it was coming but 4 is SO old!!!! (Except not really, sentimental mommy Laura... sorry)
Wowee!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and the fun drive home but for now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ben! Bounce on!

jessica said...

I agree, 4 is SO old now!!! I can hardly believe he is four years old! Cooper keeps saying after four he's going to be five, then he'll have caught up with E! Thank goodness they can't skip around like that, it already goes too fast. I am impressed at how great they look at 3, you actually got a smile out of them. Love the pic of Ben on the pogo stick, he is going to love it!

chrissy said...

I can't believe he is already 4! I love the pictures, looks like a great birthday. Can't wait to hear all about disney!

Anonymous said...

WHAT? You were in Florida???

The A Family said...

Holy Cow 4!!!! Sam will be there next week, but still hard to believe. Pretty sure there is no better way to celebrate than wdw!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! You are getting too big! What a BIG celebration you had!

PS... It is true! really he is too big... if he is four... that means mike will be four in four months... ugh! it goes tooooo fast! I agree with Jessica- Thank God they can't skip around like thst:)