Thursday, June 16, 2011

First Daisy Camp Out

For the record, I have never been "really" camping (without running water/electricity, etc..) Thank goodness, we didn't "really" camp this time, either! We camped out in my backyard with all the Daisy's and their moms, complete with air mattresses for us moms!
It was pretty HOT when we were putting the tents up, but the girls did a fairly good job helping out.

Our camp ground, 3 tents set up for the 16 of us.



The girls all slept in this tent with our leader, the rest of us moms were in the other 2 tents.


We had dinner,



and later toasted marshmallows over the open fire (aka. grill - burn ban put a damper on the bonfire - plus the 98 degree heat).


Yay for S'mores!


City camping, my style! :)



The other leader and I got the girls together to sing some campy songs and tell stories.



The girls ran around and played until 11:30 - until they all finally crashed.

I was shocked that the entire time there was no complaining by any of the girls, no fighting, and no one begging to go inside and play. They all loved it - and we moms did too! We didn't go to bed until 1 am! A successful first camping experience I would say!

7 comments:

WhatIsSharonDoingNow said...

Your backyard looks HUGE!

...kind of reminds me of the movie Troop Beverly Hills. I loved that movie!

Allison said...

LOL - that is greatness. I thought from the thumbnail pic that your "campground" looked pretty familiar. So tell me, did you go in to your own bed for at least a couple of hours when no one else was looking? ;) And how about Ben? Was he having a sleepover with Cooper? I can't imagine how hard it would be to sit inside and not partake.

Meg said...

A good start! You have missed one of life's true pleasures, I love camping!!

The A Family said...

Yeah!!! I am with Sharon your backyard is huge! How fun, I try to camp... someday I will get there.

chrissy said...

Looks fun! If I were you I woulda snuck inside to my bed ;-)

Joanne said...

LOL! Looks like a fun campout! Hopefully Elizabeth will stay in girl scouts long enough to get a taste of true camping. The five summers I went to girl scout camp gave me some of the best memories of my life!!

jessica said...

Ahhh, Troop Beverly Hills... that was a great movie! What a fun campout, and that's totally my type of camping!