Friday, June 10, 2011

Random!

Jessica found this great idea somewhere that I just had to copy it for our Fourth of July decor. So easy and I am a sucker for anything with my kid's feet and handprints on it!


We also had a playdate with friends today and we were lucky enough to have baby Campbell over, too! My kids love to hold Campbell, no one wanted to give him up!








Elizabeth had been crying about something - can't remember what - but she is showing off our peas that we just picked from our garden!



Here it is - our garden. (excuse the Sanford and Sons look about it - Tom kept all our old kitchen chairs to use for fire wood! :) We are growing a variety of things - potatoes, green onion, carrot, peas, basil, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, and peppers. We have eaten peas, basil, and green onion. The fruit isn't doing too well. I didn't really know much about growing any of these things, so I'm sure if I had done some research I could have had more success! We'll see how everything continues!

5 comments:

WhatIsSharonDoingNow said...

I wonder if the fruit needs to be grown when it's a bit cooler out...like planting earlier in the spring? I feel like strawberries and blueberries are past their season now?

Sue said...

Baby Campbell is getting big! And your garden is growing nicely. Are the kids eating the peas??

TLEB said...

I do think I missed the mark, Sharon, but we had a freeze pretty late in spring, and I planted this stuff at the end of APril, so I think it just might not like Texas 100 degree heat - we just didn't get any spring this year!

Allison said...

The garden is looking good and Campbell is a cutie pie! Can't believe your babies' feet and hands are that big now!!

Vanessa said...

i love the garden! and Campbell is SO BIG!!!