Thursday, August 30, 2012

1st Day of Galveston

 In the beginning of August we went to Galveston for a long weekend with Janet and her family, Victoria and her family, and Mark and his family.  We got to Galveston by late afternoon and headed straight for the beach.  This is the first time my kids have been to the ocean and they were so excited!  I was too as you can tell by the tons of pictures you are about to see!  Ben was loving it so I got a ton of him.  He just ran in and out of the ocean trying to catch a wave on his boogie board.  Elizabeth was a little more cautious so I don't have as many of her. 















 We got a kite and it was awesome, no running around to keep the kite in the air, it flew forever! 


 After the beach we headed back to our house and had dinner.  Then we headed out back to do some fishing.  It was a little nerve racking for me...there was no railing and it was a few feet down to the water.  Luckily no one fell in.  Phew!

 Here is the back of the house.  It was fantastic!  3 stories of decks, it was gorgeous. 
Here's the bottom where the kids were fishing.  I hope I remembered to take pictures of the inside!

4 comments:

Allison said...

What fun! And what a great house! Now, you know what else I am going to say, right?! Get those kids out HERE to a REAL ocean! I know of a great place you could stay! The price is right!

But, really, I am glad you had a fun getaway and the kids had so much fun in the water.

The Martys said...

Love that house. How fun for all of you. Looks like the kiddos had a blast.

Allison said...

*REAL beach :)

TLEB said...

I know - I would LOVE to come to CA with the kids! Maybe someday :)