Monday, April 5, 2010

Ben - the Bull Rider!

Last week when some of Tom's MN family was in town we went to the stockyards for traditional Texas fun! One of the last things we did (some of us) was ride the bull! Ben was ready to hop right up there. Since Tom wasn't there (had to work and all) I took lots of pictures to document this big event :)


When our family asked Ben why he didn't fall off he said "it went too slow to fall off!"
They did a great job of going very slow and he loved it!


The other cousins were not so lucky. They all got thrown!
Here's John (one of the cousins who stayed with us) on his turn.
Matt's about ready to start.
Now it's Nick's turn.
They got the big kids going fast! I think everyone loved it though.
I missed taking pictures of the rest...Amelia needed a bottle! :)

We also did lots of merry go rounds and "rides". I think Ben's waiting for this to go in the air!
If you're wondering, Elizabeth had preschool this day so she missed on all the fun! :(

Josh and Ben on the merry go round.
Maria, our niece, Linda, Tom's sister, and Mike, our brother in law.

Oh no, it's starting very young!
And of course, watching the cattle run. The highlight of the day.
Here's Ben and Sharon, our sister in law who stayed with us! (we miss you guys!)
It was a fun and busy day.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Way to go, Ben! A real cowboy! Yeehaw!

Erin K said...

Wow! I'm impressed Ben stayed on, or even got on for that matter. At first, I thought it was a real bull. Glad to see it was just a machine. Now he's ready for Billy Bob's!

jessica said...

I am amazed that Ben stayed on! Great job Ben! I thought the same thing Erin! It looked real at first. It looks like you guys had a great time down at the Stockyards! Didn't Elizabeth want to go?? :) (or was she at school?)

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha...glad to see I'm not the only one that thought it was a real bull at first - very deceiving pics, Laura ;)

Poor E missing all the fun!

Joanne said...

I thought it was a real bull at first too! I was thinking Laura had lost her mind letting little Ben get on a real bull. I mean can those things even be trained? Now that I can breathe again- CUTE PICS!!

The Martys said...

Watch out! you may have a cowboy on your hands. How fun. We will need to go there sometime when we are there. Post more pics of your house, please!!!!