Sunday, September 13, 2009

Packing, Packing, Packing (and Rain)

This last week I feel like I have done basically nothing but packing and doing stuff for the move. We found an apartment that we will stay in while the house is being built. We are waiting for our roof to be replaced, and then we are pretty much done with everything! Just a lot of phone calls to be made to change the address and all that fun stuff.
We have had a ton of rain the past couple days so the kids have had a great time getting soaked out in the puddles.


Ben found the perfect muddy puddle in the neighbor's yard that he visited over and over again. We have had a lot of baths these past few days!
The kids had a great time playing in empty boxes while I was packing.
Tipping over,
hanging out and being pushed all over in the box.
Tipping over turned out to be a ton of fun, too.
This moving stuff is fun!

5 comments:

Erin K said...

It's good that the kiddos found things to do to entertain themselves while you were packing, even with the rain. Good luck with your move!

Anonymous said...

What fun to be moving (minus all the packing and sorting)! You're moving up in life - the second and bigger house!

The Martys said...

I cannot even imagine what it must be like to pack up everything. Good thing your kids are good. I cannot wait to hear about the house this weekend. Chicago will be a nice break for all of you. Looking forward to spending time with all of you.

Aunt Amy

Allison said...

I am sorry, did I just read "this moving stuff is fun?!" The fun part will be moving INTO your new beautiful home - can't wait!
~Allison

The A Family said...

Looks like loads of fun in the rain! Sam enjoyed the packing part, we let her pack one box (fav toys and blankets) and decorate it. She thought it was great when we moved in and she had HER box to unpack.