Friday, January 15, 2010

Rodeo Day and First Day of Class

Elizabeth had her rodeo day at school on Thursday. You can tell we aren't native to TX - so many of the kids had boots, cowboys shirts, hats, and all we had was a bandana :) She was wishing we had more but they didn't even tell us about the rodeo day until Tuesday so not much time to prepare. The kids all played different rodeo games and won prizes.

Crossing the rattlesnake pit! Look at the boy behind her, he's all decked out!


Ben got to come with me, he loved it!

Here the kids are getting ready to go back to class - I think they all had a great time. I'm so glad I am able to come to all of this stuff. The only problem was today Elizabeth wanted to come back home with me. Her teacher was absent so that always makes her a little nervous.



On Wednesday the kids had their first day of dance and gymnastics. For the first time Ben was in class without me! It was fun to just be able to sit and watch, but also a little sad.


I have a very small zoom on my camera so you won't be able to see anything up close, but Ben and Cooper were in class together and both walked in without any problems. They both did a really good job listening. I was a little concerned with all the temptations that it would be difficult to sit and wait their turns, but they did a great job.

Here the kids are waiting for their classes to begin.

I'm sneaking in the back here to get a picture of Elizabeth with the other girls in her class. We aren't allowed in the room during class and the glass is frosted so you can't see anything :( She said she had a really fun time though.


I caught this picture of Ben right before he left with the teacher. I can't believe my kids are both old enough to go to class without me! It's going too fast!

8 comments:

Joanne said...

Darn. I have a couple of cowboy hats you could've borrowed! She looked so sweet in that little sweater though.

I know what you mean about the zoom and glass! I was surprised Jessica was able to get such great photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! It looks like the Hurst Rec center. Ella takes dance there too w/same teacher. What time is your class? Too bad the girls aren't together!!

Jill Atkins

Allison said...

Hard to believe that you get to sit and chat while kids are in class. Crazy how fast time flies!
~Allison

Unknown said...

I love 'Rodeo Day' We used to call it 'Go Texan Day"... funny how us Texans do things- Mike is on pair of boots #2 and Adelyn just got her first pink cowboy hat! I sure love the Hurst Rec center- we are waiting for the sports camp for mike!

TLEB said...

Hey Jill! It is the Hurst Rec Center. We go on Wednesdays...when do you go?

Erin K said...

How fun! I love the idea of rodeo day. Myabe y'all can go to the stock show too? I'll have to check out the Hurst Rec Center this summer for Sophia. Looks like they have some cool classes.

Anonymous said...

We are there on Wednesdays. Ella use to go at 11:15 but she started an additional day of school so her time is now at 4:00. Her class is tap, ballet and jazz.

Jill

jessica said...

What cute pictures at rodeo day! I love it!

Joanne, I was able to get closer pictures because I have a lens that zooms in pretty far.