This photo kind of reminds me of something my kids have been talking about recently. I guess in Elizabeth's school it's all the rage to talk about who they are going to marry - isn't that great! Elizabeth will say, "I asked such and such if they would marry me, but they are already marrying someone else, so I asked someone else instead and he said yes." I can't believe they talk about stuff like that! The reason this picture reminds me of that is the talk has filtered down to home and now Elizabeth and Ben say they are going to marry each other (and she must have said that to one of the boys at school and he told her that she couldn't marry her brother! :) They also say I am going to marry mom, dad, etc... The latest is Ben saying he's going to marry Cooper. I love it that they are so innocent and will go on and on about stuff like that. I am not looking forward to the day when all that innocence is gone and they know it's not ok to marry mom, dad, brother, or cousin!)
Monday, February 8, 2010
Playing in the Apt
This photo kind of reminds me of something my kids have been talking about recently. I guess in Elizabeth's school it's all the rage to talk about who they are going to marry - isn't that great! Elizabeth will say, "I asked such and such if they would marry me, but they are already marrying someone else, so I asked someone else instead and he said yes." I can't believe they talk about stuff like that! The reason this picture reminds me of that is the talk has filtered down to home and now Elizabeth and Ben say they are going to marry each other (and she must have said that to one of the boys at school and he told her that she couldn't marry her brother! :) They also say I am going to marry mom, dad, etc... The latest is Ben saying he's going to marry Cooper. I love it that they are so innocent and will go on and on about stuff like that. I am not looking forward to the day when all that innocence is gone and they know it's not ok to marry mom, dad, brother, or cousin!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh my, I remember Ben's old pumps picture. It is even more adorable now because he isn't that little anymore and looks so much like a baby!!
Thanks for having us. Can't wait until we can do it at your new house!!! Maybe Jackson can lay on Emily again... she would love that!
~Allison
Ha. Love it.
Doesn't it just show you that all prejudices and stereotypes are totally learned behaviors? We're not born with them!
Awwwww! I love the little Ben picture! Looks like a fun playdate last one with no room!
That's funny! Jane has been talking about marrying lately too. She watches the Disney princess movies like Cinderella and talks about her dress and hair and headband with diamonds that she is going to wear when she gets married. Then the other day she says, "And I will marry Daddy..." and I said "You can't marry Daddy." and she said, "Why not?" and I said, "Because I already married Daddy" and she was so upset saying she wasn't going to ever get married then. I felt so bad. I wished I had just let it fly that she could marry Jay.
LOVE the shoe pictures. I, too, remember the early years of him wearing shoes. TOO cute. Good luck this week with the closing and all. Send pictures please.
I love the now and then pic of Ben in pumps. I have to say, he did quite a good job standing in them which I seriously have trouble doing sometimes. Can't wait for you to move in to your new house. We'll have to do a playdate sometime so we can check it out. Unless you'd rather not have Sophia over for fear that she will get your kids sick. HeHe! That is totally understandable.
We will be having everyone over ASAP! Maybe all my working friends can make it over during their spring break?!
Erin - I'm not at all worried about Sophia getting my kids sick. Ear infections aren't contageous plus about every kid in Elizabeth's class has gotten some stomach flu and we've managed to stay away from that somehow! It's just a matter of time I'm sure :)
Amy - I'll send you pics this weekend after we are in!
Looks like you are moving into your beautiful house!!! The playdate looks like so much fun!!!
Post a Comment