Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Sick" Day

So I haven't posted in a while because we're pretty boring around here! Even when we do go somewhere or see friends, I seem to keep forgetting my camera. So, I finally snapped a few shots around the house the other day.
Elizabeth stayed home from school Tuesday because she was "sick". She did have an actual cold and when she woke up Tuesday morning she couldn't quit coughing and was kind of crying, just not acting like her normal self. I called school and told them she wasn't coming and by then she was pretty much done with the coughing and seemed great (of course). I think she just had that early morning cough/phlegm that didn't want to come out. So, we had a fun day lazing around. I told her she still needed to rest so she would feel better.

Ben enjoyed all the resting too, that meant he could watch TV too!

The next day the kids had gymnastics/dance and Ben just had too much fun and conked out on the way home. Check out his messy face. I had to take his picture with the chocolate all over his face. We had ice cream sundaes on our way home. We have started incentive charts at my house because Elizabeth has to wear a patch on one eye every day for 2 hours. It started off not so bad and recently it became a huge chore to get her to wear it. She hates it! So she now gets a sticker every day and once she wears it for 7 days we go get a treat. I knew Ben needed something to work towards also so his has to do to with going potty by himself (without his mom accompanying him every time!) It's working so far - not so much complaining when it comes time to put our patch on - so I guess that's successful!

As you can see when we got home Ben did not stay asleep but only wanted to be held. When I put him down so I could make dinner he screamed and cried like this on the floor for over 20 min. - until I picked him up. A little tired I think?!?

(I know the pictures are turned - I was too lazy to go back and fix them!)

Then I started tickling him with my foot and those screaming tears turned instantly into laughter. As soon as his mommy is there to hold him he is a different kid :) What a mommy's boy! So, not much going on here but we close on our house in one week - yay!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our lives on the flip right now...I haven't posted because I've been too busy, and am finally just catching up a little tonight (not really caught up, but I'm up through last Saturday).

I hear you, though, I do go through periods when I think "what should I post about?" But I guess the point of the blog is to tell the world about the little things in your life too. That's what makes it so interesting!

Allison said...

Yay for the new house!! It is beautiful and I can't wait until you move in and we get to come scrap or just chat.
Glad Elizabeth is feeling better - and this post made me want ice cream.
~Allison

Unknown said...

sweet post- everyone needs a sick day once in a while!

Erin K said...

Sounds like the incentive sticker chart is working. Great idea! So sweet that even though their not babies anymore, they still want to be held (and I guess a little annoying too when you're trying to get stuff done). Good luck on your house closing stuff. I bet you'll be glad to get out of your tiny apartment and have room to spread out.

jessica said...

What a fun "sick" day, I agree, it is nice to have those every once in a while. Too bad moms can't have sick days! :) I love that pic of Ben, I can just imagine him laying there crying for 20 minutes. Woo hoo on your house!

Joanne said...

Good to hear the incentive chart is working for both kids. I had been thinking about starting one for Jane for sleeping in her own bed all the way through the night but instead we went with the "prize bag" so she gets to pick a prize when she does but I am thinking the incentive chart might stretch my prizes out a little more!