Sunday, February 14, 2010

We Have a House!!

We were able to close on the house on Friday, and we are so excited! We aren't moving until next weekend (thank goodness since there was a foot of snow on the ground yesterday) so we have just been spending some time at the house sealing grout, cleaning bathrooms, and moving car loads of stuff over - really fun, exciting stuff.


Earlier in the week I made some treats for the kid's teachers and then let Ben and Elizabeth go to town with the extra icing in the bags. They made a huge mess but had a ton of fun.

These are the finished products. They are cake balls made to look like truffles. They don't look so cute all spread out here but looked really cute in the little candy boxes (picture above).

Elizabeth also had PJ day at school this week and thought it was very cool to be going to school in her pajamas.
I'll try to get a picture of the house up soon but it really looks the same as all the others, no furniture yet! We're so excited!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cake balls look amazing...even when they're on the pan! You're so talented.

Are you still enjoying the snow? I saw a picture of Dallas on the news and couldn't believe it.

Good luck with the move over the next week.

jessica said...

Um, yes, the cake balls look AND taste amazing. I love them. How fun E got to wear pjs to school! I bet she loved that. I love your new house and can't wait until you can be there for good!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! I know what it feels like to wait and wait for your house to be ready to move in and make it a home! You cake balls look fantastic- lucky teachers. Those things are so addicting!

ps. am I the only one who giggles everytime read about say cake balls?

Joanne said...

mmmmm... the cake balls look and sound delicious!! I am so excited about your house! Very cool! Congratulations!

chrissy said...

Those look so yummy! E always loved PJ day at school too- sad she is at a boring school this year. Can't WAIT to see the new house!

Allison said...

Oh good, I was wondering about the house and had to come check in. FUN FUN!!!
~Allison

Meg said...

No Kristy, you're not the only one. I thought it a hilarious treat...reminded me of our anniversary dinner years ago when the waiter offered us mousse balls for dessert...chocolate and delicious but diconcerting.

Congrats on the house-YES thank goodness you didn't HAVE to move in this weekned!!!

Erin K said...

I love your chocolates. They not only look delicious but very cute. I can't wait for y'all to get moved in and settled. Your kiddos are getting so big!