Monday, March 1, 2010

We're In! (and we finally have internet!!)

I realized I have been really bad about taking pictures these past 2 weeks while we have been moving. I've just been trying to move as quickly as possible because I really don't like living out of boxes. This is our house the day after we closed. When we closed we still had all that snow on the ground so we were glad the movers weren't coming until the next weekend.

Here's Tom the night we closed, looking ecstatic - don't you think? Jessica was nice enough to babysit our kids overnight so we had the whole night to ourselves. We didn't spend the night though - no beds or anything - so we just went back to the apartment for the night.

Skip ahead a week and the movers had come and we were all over at our house with my mom frantically working in the kitchen for me. She LOVES to organize so she had fun cleaning and organizing "her" kitchen. She already gave me all the rules when I opened a new box and put things away without her being around. She didn't want me to mess up the kitchen! ;)
Hanging out one day during the week before we got our furniture.
Here's all the work my mom had to do. She washed every dish before it was put away so she was pretty busy! I'll have to post some after pictures but I want to paint some things first! (which will probably not be for a few months, but we'll see!)
Here's the playroom the day after we closed. Tom and I brought some toys over to occupy the kids while we worked. It's pretty bare in this picture.


Here's the after! Crammed full of toys. My sister in law Nancy, niece Maria, and my mother in law all helped me organize and put away all the toys and furniture.


Here's one side of the room.
Here's Cooper and Ben taking advantage of all the toys that have been packed away for 6 months!
My mom and Elizabeth in another corner of the room.
Here's the kitchen area (one of my favorites!)

Jackson can now sit up like such a big boy!
That's the first draft of the playroom. I'm still trying to figure out how to paint it and decorate it. That won't be for a while I imagine!
I just thought this picture is funny. It's Ben in his tiny bed in his new bedroom. Cooper, Elizabeth, and Ben are all trying to sleep and I thought they just looked so cute and little in this room! The room's not that big, but it's pretty empty so they look so little.
As I said, I haven't taken too many pictures. As rooms get a little more completed I'll try to post more. Thank you so much to all of our family for babysitting and helping us move. We also had lots of friends offer to help so thank you so much to all of you! We couldn't have done it without you!

10 comments:

Meg said...

The house looks beautiful!! Lots of work to do but lots of time to plan and execute--such fun!! The kids must be beyond ecstatic!! :)

Allison said...

Awesome... can't wait to see it in person with furniture! Being at the very beginning of the moving journey, I am envious that you are at the end.

jessica said...

Love the pictures, so cute! I can't wait to see as you start painting what it will look like.

Erin K said...

YEA!!!!! The house looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more! Love the pics of them sleeping in the bedroom. They do look soooo small.

The Martys said...

Love the house Laura. Can't wait to see more and how you will decorate. I bet you LOVE that big playroom. Enjoy your new home.

Love-
Aunt Amy

WhatIsSharonDoingNow said...

Congratulations on finally making the move. Have fun with all the decorating!

Vanessa said...

it looks great!yay! im so happy for yall!

Joanne said...

Wonderful!! It is absolutely beautiful! ANd I know it's going to be even more beautiful once you put all of your personal touches on it! CONGRATS!

Nikki said...

Congrats - your house is gorgeous! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Unknown said...

It is just beautiful and you have been busy! I can't believe how much you have done!