Sunday, March 21, 2010

St. Patrick's Day and a Surprise Shower

The kids woke up this St. Patrick's day to a surprise visitor! We had a leprechaun visit while the kids were sleeping. He left notes around the house leading them on a little hunt of all the places he had been.
He led them to the plastic eggs on the dining room table. He was wondering where all the candy was!
He also enjoyed playing in the play room with all the kid's toys.

He made a mess in the kitchen,and then told the kids to head to the real kitchen for a treat!

They both got green nail polish, chap stick, gum, fruit rollups, and juice boxes.
They also discovered that the leprechaun had left green milk in the fridge and had turned our toilet water green!
What a crazy day!
During spring break we also had a surprise shower for my friend Joanne who is having her third girl in about a month. That's Joanne and her daughter, Jill.

We had all our book club people over for lunch and to play - which I think ended up being 12 kids! The kids moved all the balls from the ball pit into the dog's cage. Crazy!
I didn't get out my camera much so I ended up with a random bunch of pictures.
Here are Elizabeth, Josh, Ben, Janet, Amelia, Diane, and Drew.
Elise and Amelia - waiting for lunch!

Cooper, Elizabeth, Zach, Ben and Jake with his back to us.

Emily waiting patiently for more food.
Can you tell the only time I remembered to get out my camera was during lunch?!
It was a great time and we surprised Joanne, so that was great!
We had a wonderful spring break with lots of trips to the park, playdates with friends, and projects around the house. Next week it's back to normal!

9 comments:

Joanne said...

First of all- THANK YOU!! I can't tell you guys how touched I am by your thoughtfulness!

Secondly- My goodness you are such a great mom! How fun for the kids to have special visitors like leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day. I love it!!!

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun- Joanne is blessed to have such a sweet friend!

Allison said...

Those pesky leprechauns - they used to wreak havoc in my classroom too! We lucked out this year and didn't have any messes - I think they knew the house was on the market. ;)
Happy arrival baby Jena, you have diapers waiting!

chrissy said...

Oh my gosh! You have THE BEST ideas. I love it!

Sue said...

I'm glad the shower for Joanne was a surprise, and love all the pics of your leprechaun. I know the kids loved it.

The A Family said...

It is official, you are way too creative! Martha Stewart watch out. Now if only I would think to email you before the various days and pick your brain for bright ideas... next time!

The Martys said...

Oh my goodness, I feel like such a lame mom. You do the best things for your kids. They are lucky to have you for their mom. I think I need to take some parenting classes from my nieces. Great job on the leprechauns. Looks like they really liked it.

Anonymous said...

you're amazing. but green milk, ewwwwww. (looks like E is loving it, though

Erin K said...

Love the leprechaun idea. So fun!!! Glad Joanne had a fun time with friends...Lord knows she needs to squeeze in as much girl time as possible for her her new girl gets here. Yea for good friends and free diapers!