Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Elizabeth's Easter Party

Elizabeth had an Easter party at her school - and any time they let the parents come for an event I am there! Unfortunately Ben was pretty tired, it was right at his nap time (not that he ever takes a nap but he needed one this day) so he was a little cranky and wanted to be held the whole time. We still enjoyed ourselves though.


We got outside and the teacher asked the kids to spread out and this is what happened :) She was telling them to do airplane arms and spread out - they had no idea what she was talking about!


Elizabeth was off finding her eggs. Each of the egg cartons had the words Happy Easter written inside and the plastic eggs had the corresponding letters. The kids had to find the eggs with the correct letters - which made it last a little more than a second since there weren't too many spots for us parents to actually hide the eggs.



Still searching. I was trying to get Ben to go help her, but he was permanently attached to my leg.
She found them all!
Then it was playtime until school was done.
I signed up for iced rice krispie treats (normally I try to get something easy like juice boxes but those spots were all filled:) so I decided to make them a little Eastery.

Ben and I had a great time with Elizabeth at her party.
Next up, Easter!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Iced Rice Krispie Treats? My mouth is watering because those had to be SOOO sweet.
I like the Easter egg hunt rules... clever. :) The spreading out, hilarious and typical. Elizabeth looks like she is really enjoying school.

The Martys said...

I love that idea for an Easter egg hunt. I have to remember that for next year. Elizabeth is looking so grown up.

The A Family said...

I am with everyone else the Easter Egg hunt match game is perfect! Now I wish I could say I would remember it for Sam's friend party :)
Ben looks pretty cute in the picks too.
Rice Crispys are so much fun. Love how you decorated them. I get so much inspiration from you and Jess!