
Tom and I were laughing (in a little bit of a horrified manner) because we realized that
excluding this past week Elizabeth had gone to school for 2 days in 3 weeks! First we were gone for a week in Disney World. The second week Elizabeth went to school on Monday and by Tuesday morning Elizabeth had woken up with a fever, it turns out she had the flu! She was out of school the rest of the week. The third week we went to school on Monday and by Tuesday there was a major ice storm, we were out the rest of the week. Craziness!!! So, here are some of our pictures from our 5 snow/ice days.
We were looking for things to do to keep us occupied. I saw the activity that Ben is doing on a blog. He had to bite the mini marshmallow in half and push it down on the outline of the heart. Super easy but fun!

Then we had to go play in the snow! Ben kept falling down because under the 3 or so inches of snow was about 2 inches of ice! It was so slippery!


That's our street behind the kids. I felt badly for Tom that he had to drive in that to work!

All the snow throughout our street.


The kids had a blast just running around, going crazy! The snow wasn't great for packing so we couldn't get a snowman going or anything.


We went sledding one afternoon after Tom got home from work. Ben was at the end of a virus so the cold really affected him - all of his face that wasn't covered by his hat and coat turned bright red!

Check out the
unbrushed hair - we really didn't get dressed or anything for 3 or 4 days!! Elizabeth is working on her 100 day project for school.

Ben got a bike for his birthday so one afternoon Tom put it together. It turned out to not be as easy as we (he) thought it would be! :)

Elizabeth was sick with the flu for a week, then Ben got a virus the second week. Poor kid was
layed out on the couch for a lot of our snow days.

E's finished 100 day project.

This was one of the other snow days. It was absolutely FREEZING! We only lasted for 5 minutes.


Elizabeth got an easy bake oven for Christmas. She made us all cookies during our "shut in".

Doesn't that look appetizing? Mom forgot to Pam the pan!

Elizabeth got a turn to make a heart.


I'll end with a beautiful shot of Ben's rash! I was worried about that boy - I thought for sure he had his sister's flu, but that came back negative. Then I thought strep, maybe this was some strange version of strep rash (it turned pretty itchy and
hivey), but all of that came negative. So, it was just a virus! We're glad we are all finally healthy!
4 comments:
Looks like you had a really fun couple of weeks! ;) E did a great job putting in her hearts to make sure they all fit! Happy 100th day!!
That rash looks wicked! Glad everyone is back to normal. Tell E that I love her 100 day project. Really cute!
You sure made the most of the snow and being snowed it! Hope Ben is feeling better and I adore E's toggle coat- cute!
Your snow days sound like ours! Sam got a virus right in the middle of the big shut down here too. The 100 project looks great and what fun in the snow, I know that does not happen a ton for you! This is our second full week or school since break, I am sure we have many kiddos like E!
Post a Comment