Here is Elizabeth and her friend, Emma. We had all 8 of our Daisy girl scouts come to camp. 4 of the girls were in my group, the other 4 girls were in the other Daisy group at camp.
4 of the girls in my group. I co-lead the girls with another woman named Jennifer. I had never met her before, but we ended up having a good time together.
The girls all made these cute campfire hats. We had 16 girls in our group.
Painting pots. Elizabeth was upset here, she had just gotten hurt so she was feeling a little sad.
There were some older girls there who were program aides. They had this fun water game for the girls.

The girls had a relay filling up the bucket with squirt guns. Whoever filled their bucket first got to dump their bucket over the program aide's head. They loved it!
They are getting the program aide!
We took a few hikes, gathering items for different projects we had planned.

Our camp site. The lunch boxes had to be placed off the floor because of all the bugs. We had no electricity or anything so we were roughing it! :)
One of the rituals that happened everyday was the flag ceremony. One day we got to do the flag! The girls were learning how to unfold the flag correctly - without dropping it!!
This is where we did many of our art projects, around the tarp on our sit upons.
3 comments:
You might be crazy if... :) Nah, looks like great fun! Takes me back to GS camp and those are some FOND FOND memories! I laughed, I was just thinking about "sit upons" today! Really! Glad you had a good time, I bet Elizabeth had a blast and loved having you there with her!
The flag ceremony and SIT UPONS...timeless GS traditions! Loved the memories your week brought back of my own Girl Scouting and Allison's! I hope Elizabeth stays with it for years, SO many good times!!
I think the first thing I made as a Brownie was a sit upon. Can't believe they still have them. Did the girls make them? I know how hot it was, but it looks like you had fun.
Post a Comment