
So, I had to post this just as a warning of what can happen with a glass pan!

We baked some brownies, took them out of the oven on put them on the stove top to cool.

We heard a loud pop and saw that the entire glass pan had peeled, cracked, and popped off the sides of the brownie.

Luckily most of the pieces styaed near the counter, they didn't fly all over the room. I hadn't ever heard of this happening before but I use my glass pans for everything! I think I might be switching to metal!
5 comments:
Those are some serious brownies!! They've got some kick!
Scary... glad the mess was contained. But, what I want to know is... where are the brownies now? Something tells me that you didn't let the kids eat them. But did you?! ;)
I don't think you need to give up on glass pans, if that's what you really like. Since you said you use it all the time, the glass had probably gotten areas of fatigue, so that it gave in to the thermal shock between piping hot oven and cooling rack. Just use it as an excuse to splurge on new glass pans.
That is crazy! Good to know that could possibly happen! And Allison, of course she let her kids eat them, don't you know we don't EVER throw away dessert??
Trying to leave comment. Love your blog. Kate
Yay Kate - your comment worked!!! And just to clarify, I didn't let me kids eat the brownies :)
That's a good idea, Sharon. I might have to get some new ones.
Post a Comment