Monday, November 21, 2011

Halloween

We had our Halloween Party the week before Halloween. Ben was dressed as Peter Pan and Elizabeth was Wendy. I made both of their costumes - they were a lot easier than I thought they would be.



I had to add this one because Ben looked so cute!

Tom was Smee, also from Peter Pan. We made his shirt with spray paint!

A little of the decor...

and more...

and more. After taking pictures before everyone got here I totally stopped taking pictures. Someone picked up my camera at the end of the night and I got just a few of the guests.


Pirate Zach!

Our Peter Pan group! I was Tiger Lily, my parents were Mr. and Mrs. Darling, Jessica was Tinkerbell, Ryan was Captain Hook, Jackson was the crocodile and Cooper was also Peter Pan.

My neighbors, Laura and Melanie.

My neighbor Bobby and Tom.



Elizabeth had a character walk at her school. The kids were allowed to dress as a story book character as long as they could show a book to go with their costume.




We carved pumpkins the weekend before Halloween. After seeing everyones fancy pumpkins this year I wished we had printed off some fun patterns! But, we didn't! :) The kids each designed a pumpkin for Tom to carve.





Spooky!

Since Halloween was a Monday we had a very early Halloween dinner. Orange cheetos, orange jello, and grilled cheese. Yum!




All ready to go trick-or-treating!

The kids are chatting with some of the neighbor kids, waiting for 2 more to show up so we can go get some candy!

Our crowd before we head out trick-or-treating. The 2 girls in pink are from France. This was their first time to experience trick-or-treating!


It was just starting to get dark, so off we went!

We made it for a little over an hour. Once kids started handing us our bags in between houses we knew it was time to go home. We had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

The A Family said...

how fun, I love teh pook character idea! How did your french neighbors like our silly american holiday? I love Halloween!

Allison said...

Looks like a fun party, as always! Love the matching costumes this year.