Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Start of our Halloween Traditions

These little guys have nothing to do with Halloween but we were pretty excited to have them! On the last day of school I got the kids a butterfly keeper cage which came with a coupon for caterpillars. After reading about the caterpillars they needed cooler weather than the TX summer so we had to wait until fall to redeem our coupon. Fall came and we finally decided to get our caterpillars! Here they are, all eating, getting big, preparing to make their chrysalises.
A couple of weeks before Halloween we made our annual Gingerbread Haunted House. I had the best one last year with notches on all of the pieces that held it all together so well. I forgot which brand I bought and I didn't get that one this year! :( This house fell down about 10 times but I finally got it all together.

The kids each took a side to decorate.

We had much less sneaking of the candy this year and the Haunted House turned out pretty cute!


I also redid our downstairs bathroom and I LOVE it!! This is still my not so nice camera so the colors didn't turn out so well. I'll have to take the pictures again since I finally got my camera back. I painted the walls first all white since they were builder beige. Then I painted thick gray stripes with turquoise accents.

I also made the matching shower curtain. The stripes were pretty time consuming but I love the result!

6 comments:

The Martys said...

Wow Laura, I am impressed. You made that shower curtain?! Your bathroom is darling. I am really liking turquoise too. Trying to figure out where I can put it in my house. Your Halloween gingerbread house is cute too. Hope you had a great Halloween. Ours was good.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I think I need you to come redo some rooms at our house! It looks great!


Val

Sue said...

Did you get any butterflies yet?
Of course I love the bathroom. Looks even better in person.

Unknown said...

FUN! And I love the new bathroom! I will buy a shower curtain if your willing to make one!

jessica said...

I still can't believe you not only made it but dyed it as well! I need to pay you to stripe in my house!

The A Family said...

I really need you to start selling crafts, I NEED that sign and have no patience or talent for such things, lol. You bathroom looks great and so does the gingerbread house.