Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ben's 6th Birthday!

 At the beginning of January the kids had an awards ceremony.   
 Elizabeth with her 2nd grade teacher. 
 Ben also had an awards ceremony in his classroom. 

 I just thought this was so funny.  Ben was so embarrassed about being in front of everyone so he turned completely sideways and wouldn't face forward.  He's such a shy boy! 

 I also came up to help during Cowboy day. 


 Look at the excitement on that boy's face!  :)
 On to the birthday!  Since we had Ben's birthday in Disney World we just did a low key birthday with our neighbors, cousins, and a couple friends from school.  We had a movie party. 
 
 Ben looks a little excited to hear about the games!



First they did a relay with a partner and popcorn.   

 Whoo - Emma and Nick won!
 
 Then we switched and the partner who was on the floor went. 



 Then they balanced popcorn on a spoon. 
 During this game the kids tossed popcorn into their partners cups. 
 Ben being goofy with his classmates. 









 I love all the action shots!
 Amelia hung out and watched - she didn't want to be a part of the craziness. 
 

 Before the movie the kids filled treat bags with popcorn and candy. 

 




 Finally movie time!



 Time to sing!









 Present time! (It was a mass of kids surrounding me and Ben.  That's what I get for sitting on the floor). 



I can't get over the fact that we have a 6 year old boy! 

3 comments:

jessica said...

You guys have been having so much fun! Congrats to both the kids for their awards! We had so much fun at Ben's birthday!!!

The Martys said...

Ben's birthday looked like a lot of fun. What a fun theme for a party.

Anonymous said...

I almost had a stroke when I saw the title. Crazy! What a fun birthday party!