Friday, July 26, 2013

Elizabeth turns 8!

 I can't believe our beautiful girl is 8!  She's so sweet, smart, and such a kind-hearted girl.  She's always willing to help someone out, we love our Elizabeth so much!
She woke up on her 8th birthday to open a couple of presents. 
 That day I brought up a cookie cake for Elizabeth to share with her class. 
 I love her little nervous body language up there  :)  - she's so cute!
 That evening we had our family over to dinner and Elizabeth was thrilled to get Addy for her gift from Grandma B.  (It was mine when I was younger)


 All the cousins - Campbell wasn't too happy about getting his picture taken :)



 Elizabeth's party day with her friends! 

 Elizabeth wanted to have an American Girl party so we invited all the girls with their dolls. 



 In the kitchen the girls were making food for their dolls. 
 My mom got an 8 sparkler for the candle - it was so fun!
 We had a little table set up in the library for all of the dolls. 
 The girls got started making their dolls their meals. 




 Funny that the dog snuck in the picture :)

 They made donuts, cookies, and ice cream cones using cheerios, mini vanilla wafers, and bugles with frosting and sprinkles.

 Each girl got a menu where they could check off what they wanted for lunch - Elizabeth's Grandma B, Great Grandma B, and Auntie Sue all helped serve the food.  Auntie Jessica was our photographer.  I think the girls all liked it that they got to order their food just like a restaurant. 

 The girls were all making their choices. 
 While the girls waited for their food we did table talker questions - just like at the American Girl bistro. 

 That's about as close as Elizabeth would get to the sparkler. 


 All the girls
 After the girls were all done eating their lunch we did a few activities that we didn't get pictures of.  The girls made necklaces for themselves and their dolls, we played American Girl bingo and a fun game called "Don't Eat the American Girl" (sounds weird but so much fun) and the girls each made a tulle skirt for their doll.  We were running out of time so Elizabeth quickly opened her gifts. 
 
Elizabeth with all of her guests -  
 Emma B
 Emma R
 Anna
 Courtni
 Kambria
 Loren
 Darlena
 Lara
 Marissa, Alexis
 Bridget
It was a fabulous birthday week and I think Elizabeth had a great time!

2 comments:

Sue said...

I can not believe she is 8 either ~ and your party was darling!

Allison said...

I mean, I know that I have been married for 9 years and that Elizabeth came the spring after BUT that does not mean that I am prepared for her to be EIGHT!!!! Wow! What a CUTE party!!