The kids and I were recently looking at some photo albums and we saw a bunch of pictures of our old house and it was so much fun to see all of the decorations, furniture, etc... so I wanted to do it for this house too. I wished I had done it a couple of years ago, things have already changed so much. It's also funny seeing how things looked in the pictures - it made me notice things that I would like to change.
We have been in our house a little over 3 years
This is the view immediately when you enter our house. And yes the dog is always there, barking his head off at the door.
Dining Room
To the right is our dining room. I think my dad will soon be helping me with the wall - I'll have to update these pictures at that point!
I also wanted to make sure to say where I got everything just so I remember.
Blue dresser - Craigs list - I painted it blue.
Table - World Market
Plates - Ikea (mostly I painted them and decorated them)
Candles on wall - Pottery barn right after we were married.
Canvases - I painted
Tada - it changed! My dad made the two fantastic shelves - I love them! It changed the look of the room so much!
Office
Immediately on the left is our library and office.
The bookcases were my parents, so was the desk. I painted the desk white.
Book wreaths - I made
Now this room has changed! The bookshelves are in my room and I have my craft stuff, computer desk and Elizabeth's desk in here.
Elizabeth's desk - Ikea
Family Room
Now here is the front door on the right hand side. This is our family room.
Couches - Macys
Green dresser - Thrift store I painted and fixed up
Rug - World Market
Coffee table - my parents were getting rid of it so we snatched it up!
H wall - I made
Lamp - Target
Lamp shade - Home Goods
Mostly photos or things I have made.
The stacked books on the bottom right were a gift from my Aunt Amy and Uncle Jim.
Kitchen
The kitchen is on the other side of the family room.
Kitchen table - from my parents
(I love it when they redecorate - Jessica and I always make out well!)
Rug - Target
Pillows - I made
Ruler - I made
Frames - Hobby Lobby
Printables - free online
Bar stools - Target
Hallway
This is the hall leading to the playroom on the left, laundry first door on right, bathroom second door on right, and the exercise room/movie room straight ahead.
Downstairs Bath
I made the canvas and the shower curtain.
My cutie babies in the picture frames.
Play Room
Play Room
Ben wanted to be in the playroom pictures :)
Shelves and train table - gifts from mom and dad for a Christmas and a birthday.
Shelves and train table - gifts from mom and dad for a Christmas and a birthday.
Shelves - Ikea
Table - Pottery barn kids
Air hockey - Santa
Ben's Room
Air hockey - Santa
Ben's Room
Headboard - I made
Bedding - Company Kids
Art - I made
Shelf along bed - Plastic Rain Gutter
Red desk - dresser from when we were children
Hanging chair - Ikea
Shelf on the left that you can see the side of - Ikea
Elizabeth's Room
Toys, toys, and more toys
Bed - JC Penny
This is Elizabeth's bedding from her room when she was 2. We still like it so she'll probably have it for another few years and will redo her room when she is a preteen and her tastes change. Right now it's all pink and dolls.
Dresser and her desk are my great grandmothers that I painted white and added new knobs.
Hallway Upstairs
Hallway Upstairs
The 2nd story of our house is all bedrooms and bathrooms. The kid's rooms and guest rooms are all on the right. The kid's bathroom is the door you can see on the right hand side of the picture. The master bedroom is on the left.
Kid's Bathroom
Kid's Bathroom
We haven't done anything to this yet. Maybe this year.
Guest Room
Guest Room
Again - not much is done.
Bed - My parents - I love it!
Black armoire - bought it from a friend
Table at the foot of the bed is no longer there.
Bedding - Walmart
Master Bedroom
Shadow boxes I made of the kids coming home outfits, bracelets, and card from their bassinet.
I loved this string art I found how to make online. It's Minnesota (where Tom and I went to college) Texas (where we live now) and Jamaica (where we honeymooned)
My furniture is mine from high school that I painted white. I made the headboard, pillows, and bedskirt.
The bookcases that are now in our room.
Media Room downstairs
The pictures were too hard to move so I am doing this a little out of order.
The last room in our house is what we call Jake's room. It's also the piano room, exercise room, and media room.
Media Room
Art - I made
Piano - ours when we were young
This is the most true to the color of the room.
Photo strip - I made
I made this light fixture our of poster board, burlap, and two wooden embroidery hoops. It was a pain to hang!
This couch came from my sister's house. We'll be getting new ones soon.
Laundry Room
One last room - the laundry room. The door with the chalkboard leads to our garage.
This green looks very neon but it's the same color as the playroom.
That's it! It will be fun seeing how the house changes over time.
My furniture is mine from high school that I painted white. I made the headboard, pillows, and bedskirt.
Media Room downstairs
The pictures were too hard to move so I am doing this a little out of order.
The last room in our house is what we call Jake's room. It's also the piano room, exercise room, and media room.
Media Room
Art - I made
Piano - ours when we were young
This is the most true to the color of the room.
Photo strip - I made
I made this light fixture our of poster board, burlap, and two wooden embroidery hoops. It was a pain to hang!
This couch came from my sister's house. We'll be getting new ones soon.
Laundry Room
One last room - the laundry room. The door with the chalkboard leads to our garage.
This green looks very neon but it's the same color as the playroom.
This was our dresser when we were babies - and then I used it in my kid's nurseries. It started to fall apart so I now use it in here! I painted it and use it for storage for girl scouts, PTA, substituting, and my kid's school stuff.
My dad built the lockers on the left. That's it! It will be fun seeing how the house changes over time.
4 comments:
Wow - it all looks so good. And see how much you have done in a short time. Your house is bright and fun and you've done a beautiful job. Can't wait to see what you have up next.
Love it all!! My house is so bare in comparison. I love your DIY light fixture for the media room and all of your handmade (not homemade, haha) wall hangings!!
Love to see it all, your house is so beautiful! Love all of the things you have done!!
Love the house tour. What a DIYer you are. Everything looks great and love all the bright colors. Great job on everything. I really like that calendar in your laundry room. Very creative.
Post a Comment