Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Creating Our Haunted House

We saw a kit for a haunted house at the store and the kids really wanted to make it. This was Elizabeths first time using an electric mixer - she felt very big.
Ben's favorite part was eating the icing.
Elizabeth had fun tasting it all too.
Here we are attempting to get the walls and roof to stay up. The icing was way too runny so it kept falling over. We'll have to see what the finished product looks like! At least we all had fun making it (and tasting it!)

5 comments:

Allison said...

Oh man- we have dealt with that same icing issue making a gingerbread house. It makes the project much more difficult but the kids probably didn't mind. Looks like a scary house, I sure don't want lime green 'ick' in my wall joints!
~Allison

Anonymous said...

A haunted house should look creaky and fally downy, yours is a masterpiece! Tough to get dinner ready though, holding up the walls?Elizabeth is a pro with that mixer!
~meg

The Martys said...

You make me look like such a bad mom. You do all kinds of fun things with the kids. Can't wait to see if the haunted house turned out. Happy Fall.-Amy

chrissy said...

That looks like a lot of fun! E asked for one of those chocolate ones, but I pretty much knew I'd eat the whole thing.

jessica said...

It looks like so much fun, I want to make one now! Although I agreed with Chrissy, I'd probably eat the entire thing instead of making it!
Jessica