Friday, September 25, 2009

Chicago Day 2

So, I have only about 5 minutes to post so I am going to be really bad and not reorganize my pictures - sorry! At the end of our day we took a walk to Buckingham Fountain and the kids were running all over. If you can believe it, Ben didn't fall! It's a miracle! :)
The kids in front of the fountain.

This is how we walked part of the way to the fountain. The one bad thing about Chicago with kids is there is so much walking! We had a stroller for Ben (thanks to Jessica) and E is usually good about walking but there was so much of it! She got pretty tired by the end of the day.


This is the view out of my parent's suite. That's Lake Michigan they are looking at.
Outside of the Bitty Baby store there was this really old church - it was one of 2 buildings that survived the great Chicago fire. Had to get the kids in front of it. They look excited about this stop, don't they?
E wasn't wanting to cooperate for pictures, she eventually scooted over to join the boys.

E at her bitty baby luncheon. Bitty even had her own cup and saucer!

Our group at lunch. My grandma B was there, my Aunt Amy, Jessica, and my mom along with the kids.


I just thought these lights were really fun - I might try to do that in E's room someday!
Jessica and Cooper arrived in Chicago the day after us and this is what Ben did when he saw his beloved Cooper.

Ben had to borrow one of Elizabeth's babies because he wanted to bring a baby to the store, too. I guess I need to get him his own!

The kids were checking out their maps to tell me how to walk to the fountain.
Inside the hotel - it was very beautiful!
We had a special dinner that night for my dad and his engineering organization, but I didn't get any pictures. We had a fun and busy day 2!
We start to move into our apartment tonight - wish us luck!

4 comments:

Allison said...

At least it was cool when you had to do all of that walking! Looks like a fun time but I am too tired already, reading about your day 2 REALLY wore me out! I hope the move goes well!
~Allison

Erin K said...

Wow! Chicago looks like so much fun and such pretty views. Makes me want to go there. Russell's mom and dad were both born there and Russell's dad actually grew up in a Polish section of the city. So maybe we can take him with us as our tour guide.

Anonymous said...

Well, I said on Jessica's blog that I really want to go to Chicago but for more than one day....not sure we could accomplish what you did so far in 2 days, so I better plan for a long visit! Thanks for taking us with you! Good luck with the move!!!!!
~meg

Joanne said...

Good luck!

What great fun at the bitty baby place.

No Oprah? :)