The night before preschool started we had a special going back to school dinner. Elizabeth picked out her meal and dessert that she wanted. We got all her school supplies ready along with her lunch, layed out her clothes, and she was off to bed!
The next morning the kids were up early and spent some time laying with daddy in bed.
She had a great breakfast and said she was excited for school! (I was surprised by this because when we went to meet the teacher I could tell she was nervous and when all the kids went outside to play with one of the teachers Elizabeth opted to stay inside with Tom and me. After that she kept telling me that she was nervous for school.)
My mom came with us to pick up Elizabeth from school and we all went to Sonic for slushies. My mom brought E a back to school present and we all had a great time. Elizabeth has been very spoiled going back to school. Both sides of the family have made going back to school very special for these kids (Elizabeth and Drew) with great dinners and special presents. We have blessed kids!
6 comments:
I love Elizabeth's cute dress and big smiles for her first day of school! Sooo glad it was a positive experience! Now you need to keep a positive attitude too Mommy! ;)
Also, what a great picture of your mom... Sue, you look great!
~Allison
Yeah!!!! Glad it went well. Hope Thurs is just as great!
Yeah Elizabeth!!! She will do great in school. She will love going and learning. Be strong.....easy for me to say, I go through it next week! I agree with Allison, great picture of my sister. Great color for her.
Aunt Amy
What a day for you! E will love school. She is just too cute!
She looks so cute with her hair pulled back, glasses on, and the backpack ready to go... you have to send the pics into MemoryMarkers for their cover challenge! It is just too cute!
Awesome! I thought after I saw that pic of her coming out she had a bad day too. I am glad it was such a good experience for her. I am sure she is going to be a star student.
Post a Comment