Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crazy Weekend

I haven't been very good at taking pictures lately, and we've had a crazy few days! Saturday morning we were on our way to the park when Elizabeth told me she could feel her heart beating in her chest. For those of you who don't know E has SVT - it's a condition that you are born with and can show up at various times in your life that makes your heart beat really fast. I ended up taking her to the hospital on Saturday morning and sure enough, she was in SVT. Her heart was beating in about the 220 - 250 range. Normal on a child is 100-130 or so. Luckily with some IV medicine they were able to take her out of SVT and for now she is on a daily medicine. We go to the specialist in a couple of weeks to get a more permanent plan in place.

We have also been working on fixing some things on our house - and we found out on Saturday that we need a new roof so that will be the only big thing needing to be done before the house can be sold. (pretty big I guess!) Next thing - packing!
On Friday we finally were able to go visit baby Jackson and Cooper (we have had colds in our family so we couldn't be around the baby) and we had tons of fun playing on the swingset in Cooper's backyard.
Ben loves swinging on his tummy, and about 2 seconds after this picture Ben flipped completely over and landed flat on his back - not once - but twice!
Janet and Josh came over too, so E and Josh were on the favorite swing.
Cooper is showing me his messy hand, he was having fun digging in the dirt.
We had a great time and a busy weekend. Hope you guys are all having a good one, too!

9 comments:

Erin K said...

Glad Elizabeth is okay. I had no idea she had this condition. She'll be in our prayers. As for fun at Jackson's house, glad they finally got to see him. You took some great photos of them playing outside.

The Martys said...

Thank goodness Elizabeth is o.k. Good luck with your appointment. I know how scary that can be. We pray every year that Emma's heart is o.k. I will be thinking and worrying about her. I am so glad to hear about your house. That is so awesome. Good luck with the packing. (wish I could escape and come to help you, seriously.) See you in a few weeks.

Love-
Amy

TLEB said...

I would also love the help, Amy. We are so excited to see you in Chicago!!!

Unknown said...

Poor mommy... we had one Er trip because we thought Mike was dehydrated, it was a false alam, but just having to drive there for your baby is one of the worst feelings in the world. What a smart smart girl to let you know she was feeling her heart beat fast!

Question... how old is your house? About when do you have to replace the roof? Ours is already four years old!

chrissy said...

How scary with E! I'm glad she was big enough to tell you that was happening! Yucky on the roof too, what a bummer.

Joanne said...

SCARY!! Keep us updated on E!

Sorry to hear about the roof too! I know that was something you were worried about. Pretty soon you'll be out of the house and into your new one and you won't have to think about that stinkin' roof ever again ;) (Same goes with the packing!)

Allison said...

Just like everyone else, YAY for Elizabeth telling you and that everything was fixed easily! Hope the upcoming appt. can put you at ease.
I suggest you get out of your house for the roof replacement. I think Hawaii is a good place to go! :)
~Allison

Vanessa said...

thank goodness E is ok now! and its great that she can tell you exactly how she is feeling. i'm sad that you're leaving us...

jessica said...

What fun pics. Poor Poor E, she is such a trooper!