Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Week Before Christmas

This is our house, the week before Christmas. The railings are in (so much safer for the kids thank goodness!)
and they started to put in the kitchen cabinets! Now all the fun interior stuff begins! Whoo hoo! About 6 more weeks we are told (weather depending of course!)

We also took a trip to the zoo on the last warm day (before our Christmas Eve of snow). Feeding the birds was our favorite because the birds were actually hungry! They were fighting over the food. Usually it's so hot when we do this and we can never get a bird to eat. Much better this way.



We are trying to get Ben ready for zoo school next year. I think he'll love it, I just really can't picture him being part of a class, sitting for any length of time and listening...but we still have 6 months!
Can you see the white tiger pacing in the background? He was right up by the window, but then neither of my kids would get near him for a picture. This was the best I could do.
This was when I was trying to get her picture by the tiger. She ran forward and this is what I got :) I thought it was funny that it actually turned out!

They loved the orangutans (except they kept telling me they could see their bottoms - scandalous!)
We also had Cooper and Jackson over to decorate cookies with us. We had about 50 cookies to decorate (I went the very easy way out and got the sugar cookies that are already cut out and they were tiny!) and they all last about 3 cookies before they were done. Well, Elizabeth did about 10 but the boys only wanted to do a few and then needed to do some eating!Cooper with his letter C cookie.Great smile, Cooper! I know, I know - we have got to do something with this boy's hair! I just wanted to grow it out to see if it would lay down better - what do you think?! Now - this is just waking up without it being wet down, but even with water and gel it does not want to stay down. I'm at a loss!
I see the cookie decorating but all I can look at is that hair! ;)This is when we told them they could eat the cookies. Cooper literally licked his plate clean!
She's enjoying her letter E.
He loved his B - too. And that hair!
Sorry, I'll quit now!

Next up will be Christmas Eve and Christmas!

9 comments:

Sue said...

His hair is a hoot. Good luck with it!! The house is looking great.

Allison said...

The house... SO EXCITING!! The hair... OH DEAR!! Have no advice... looking forward to Christmas morning pics!
~Allison

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and the new house. Maybe I'll have to plan a visit next year...hmmm, maybe the White Rocks half?

The pic of E is awesome! For sure a keeper.

I actually love Ben's hair. (I think I've told you this before?) It's very stylish on it's own; most guys put gel in their hair to do that.

The Martys said...

Laura- your house is looking great. Can't wait for more pics of it. I love Ben's hair. I think it fits him well. SILLY!!

jessica said...

Oh that's hilarious. I just love love love that hair. No advice either, he looks cute no matter what his hair does. I don't really even see it anymore. Your house is looking awesome, yea!! can't wait until you can move in! Great pictures of the cookie decorating, we had so much fun!

chrissy said...

I've been waiting and waiting for an update- the house looks great can't wait to come see it! Love all the pictures- Ben's hair is awesome, see if he wants to give some to Berk.

Erin K said...

I can't wait to see the finished pics of your house. I can tell it's going to be beautiful already. I think my nephews just used gel to make all of it stick up (on their hair).

Joanne said...

Yeah on your house!!!!!!! It is coming along fast. I can tell it's going to be really nice!!

I think Ben's hair suits him.

TLEB said...

Thanks, guys, on all the comments on the hair - I feel a little bit better :) I feel like I have such a rag-a-muffin whenever we go out in public! :)
Sharon - if you came for the 1/2 marathon I would do it with you! You have to tell me so I could train!!