Thursday, January 28, 2010

Anybody Need a Valentine Wreath?

My Aunt Amy sent me this link for this really fun looking Valentine wreath and since I haven't done much crafting in the apartment I decided to try this out. It was easy and inexpensive - the best kind of craft project! Can you tell what it's made out of?

If you guessed cupcake liners you would be right! (I bought this Valentine multipack of cupcake liners at Michaels and used about 150 liners)

I made a few felt hearts for the corner as the "bow". Here's the link if you want to learn how to make one yourself!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. I think I need to move near you so you can influence me to craft.

The Martys said...

It turned out really cute!! I haven't even started mine yet. I am glad to hear it was easy. I will make mine next week (after the birthday party). How did you make the felt hearts? Those are really cute too.

Allison said...

Woohoo - I guessed cupcake liners! Do I win the wreath?!
~Allison

TLEB said...

You should move nearby, Sharon!! I would love that. And Allison, I'll whip a second one right up for you! :) Amy - all I did was cut the hearts from felt. On the larger one I just cut out 2 hearts and stitched them together by hand with embroidery thread. I also made another one for a bow for Elizabeth's hair - it was very quick and easy once you have the stuff!

jessica said...

so so so cute! I love it! I think I'll make one too, but probably not until next year... it is SO adorable!

Erin K said...

Super cute!!!! And portable so you can bring it to your new home.:)