Sunday, January 24, 2010

Benjamin's 3rd Birthday Party


We had Ben's 3rd birthday party this Friday at Chuck E. Cheese. This was the first time I have had one of the children's birthday parties at a site, not at our house, and it made me a little sad. I am so used to all the planning, decorating, thinking of games, etc... It was certainly easier this way! We'll be in our home soon so we're thinking we'll have Elizabeth's party at home.
Here's the table. His theme was trains so we got all the kids train conductor hats and whistles. I think they all enjoyed that.


Ben and Elizabeth


This is the only picture I have of Ben and his buddy, Cooper. They did a lot of playing together at the party.
Our family

Elizabeth's friend, Elliott, came to the party with her sister Berkley. The girls were happy to see each other,
and enjoyed playing together.

This is Ben and his buddy, Jake.
Drew and Josh were having fun playing all the games.

Ben was having fun playing ski ball, but couldn't really get the ball all the way to the top, so he walked right up to the top so he could get the balls right in.
Cousin Zach driving with Bob the Builder.

Our neighborhood friend, Finlee.
After all that playing the kids all sat down to eat pizza and cupcakes.
Ben ate a little more than just pizza and cupcakes! ;)

I was a little outnumbered here during the present opening...it's the kids favorite part! Cooper was finding all sorts of things that he wanted for his birthday (I hope you were paying attention, Jessica!)
The present opening broke up early when Chuck E Cheese came to visit.
After we got home Ben posed with all his loot. He was so excited to get so many toys!
One present he got was a shaving kit, and he had to immediately start shaving and making a big mess!
That evening we went to my parent's house for another birthday celebration for Ben.
He loved it!Ooo - dinosaurs!
Happy Birthday, Ben. We hope you had a fabulous day!

In other news we have been told we are closing on Feb. 12!! The landscaping is in and there are pretty much all the finishing touches left. We can't wait!!

11 comments:

Allison said...

Looks like a FUN party! Sorry we missed it. :(
On the other hand ... your house! Woohoo and Yahoo!! I can't wait to walk around inside!!
~Allison

Allison said...

Okay, so I got so caught up in the house at the end that my comment wasn't enough about the party... I looked back and remembered that I wanted to say how I like Ben's shirt and the hat looks so adorable on him!
~Allison :)

WhatIsSharonDoingNow said...

That house is beautiful! I definitely need to come for a visit once you're all settled inside.

(Great party too.)

The A Family said...

Happy Birthday Ben!! Looks like you had a great day. How washCheese? Sam wanted her party there, but I decided to wait another year...
By the way, wow your house is amazing! I wish they built with brick here, it is so beautiful!

jessica said...

I don't know what to comment on first! Most importantly is Ben and his party! I LOVE the picture of him posing with his presents, he looks so excited and cute! I agree, the shirt you made for him is so so cute and was perfect for the party. Cooper loved the cute train hat, and I think it's so cute too, i keep having him wear it around the house.

Now, your house.. I LOVE it! It looks so finished now with the landscaping in! Not too long now until you get to move in, yea! Then I'll be over all of the time :)

Vanessa said...

how fun!! sorry we missed it too but i wasnt comfortable taking irina out since she was sick. im so glad he enjoyed the shaving kit! that was from irina in case the card/bad got misplaced. and your house looks amazing!! cant wait to see it! happy birthday ben!!!

Meg said...

Looks like a very fun party! You still "worked it" with the theme, theme favors and all. Love Ben's shirt!

Unknown said...

Super fun party! I may need a pattern of that shirt... Mike's party is most likey gonna be trains, too. Speaking of Mike loved the picture oh Ben with his toys... he said "wow what's he doing?" would I be a bad mom if I said he got those for going on the potty- ha!

Your house looks beautiful and so big! I know you are ready to get in there and make that house a home!

Joanne said...

Cute pic of Ben and his shaving kit!!

OMG- YOUR HOUSE!!! Wow that was fast! It looks amazing and you'll be in in less than a month- super exciting!!!

Erin K said...

What a fun day! I also love the shirt and the conductor hats were a super cute touch. Good luck with finishing up your house. It looks beautiful!

chrissy said...

I love all the pictures. E was cracking up at Ben shaving. I love the house!!!