Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter 2010 (aka the longest post ever!)

We woke up Easter morning and the kids immediately went looking for their baskets.

Ben found his in the fireplace. (yes that's a pink basket. The week before when we had company I allowed Ben to play with his basket and it has mysteriously vanished! I have NO idea what he did with it!! So he had to use an old one of Elizabeth's!)


Those look like happy kids - huh? No one felt like smiling I guess :)



That's Ben's beautiful "cheese".

My tired girl Easter morning. Both of the kids are eating a Cadbury egg - it used to be my favorite Easter candy - we would always buy one the first day they came out.


All the eggs the kids found during their hunt. Elizabeth was much faster than Ben at finding eggs, but she very kindly shared some with her brother.

After church we headed to Tom's parent's house.

The kids all got a fun present from grandma and grandpa - they were so excited! We had to get a quick picture right after they opened the presents. (zach and amelia hadn't come over yet)


Here we are trying to get a picture of all the kids. It's fairly impossible! :)




This was the best we got - and I didn't even get Zach! He had crawled up the steps.


After playing inside for a while we went out back to have an egg hunt (with hard boiled eggs). Elizabeth was my partner. Tom was Ben's partner.

Ben then had fun with Uncle Mark throwing the egg around.

Amelia in her pretty Easter dress.

We had a fun morning over at Tom's parents, and after a great lunch we headed over to my parent's house.

The kids are standing at the ready - waiting for the ok to hunt for eggs.


Each child had their own color so here's Ben finding his blue egg.

Finding some by the diving board.

After the hunt we got some pictures of the kids with their loot.

He will never stay looking at the camera!

Cooper's off in the back because he was just getting over a virus...still a little contagious :)




Then it was photo shoot time with Jackson. Aren't they cute in their matching outfits? I LOVE Jackson's expression. He could be a gerber baby!


My kids love to play and talk to Jackson - Jackson's wondering what the heck are you doing, Ben?

Here's our attempt at a photo shoot with all the kids.




We never really got a great one ;)

It was a great Easter,

and we ended it with a bang!



Confetti eggs are always our favorite!

The day wouldn't be complete without a great fit! Ben was throwing a fit because Cooper was on the bike he wanted. If you have never seen Ben throw a fit it's quite funny. He runs around in fast little circles crying with his eyes shut. I guess his shorts were a little big around the waist because all the sudden his shorts were around his ankles. He had to end up on the floor and we were all laughing hysterically. It was too funny! Great way to end the day (nap time anyone?!)
Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Allison said...

Ben will love that picture when he is older!! Looks like a very busy and fun Easter with lots of great treats!!

The A Family said...

Ohh... those are so sweet. I love the one of E in the garden! they are all so cute. The fit picture will be great down the road.

Erin K said...

What a busy day! Great photo shoot of the kids. I can't beleive how big Jackson and Amelia are getting. Cute pics!! Especially love the last one of Ben. Made me giggle.

Joanne said...

Seriously busy day!! How much fun though. I LOVE Elizabeth and Jackson's matching outfits- so cute! I also love the fit picture- too funny!

jessica said...

I somehow missed this post!?! Love it! Great pics of the kids! I forgot to post pics of our confetti eggs, I'll have to do that because I got some good ones!