Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Meet the Teacher and an Owie




Poor Ben - had a fight with a toy at the park and the toy won :(
He's doing much better today thank goodness!


I can't believe we are already doing things like this, but Elizabeth had meet the teacher for her new kindergarten class! She hasn't been assigned a teacher yet so we just met all the kindergarten teachers (there were 5) and while they talked to the parents about what to expect next year they pulled the kids aside and did a little assessment.



Here's the front of the school.



After meeting the teachers they let us walk around the school to check out the kindergarten classrooms. We had to see where she would be using the restroom next year.




The classrooms were big and bright - with a bathroom inside. Very nice!



(especially considering that I didn't have a bathroom, sink, or window when I taught!)



I took her picture in front of a few different activities that the K students have done. We plan to put the pictures in a little book so Elizabeth can read it over the summer and get used to the school.



My big girl! :)

8 comments:

Allison said...

Wow. Kindergarten! I know this whole thing has to break your heart a little but think about how much love, time, and energy we put into our students and you will know that she is in good hands. (I expect you to tell me this in a few years, BTW.)
Ben's mouth... OW! It looked better today. :)

The Martys said...

Oh my goodness, that'll be me this time next year. How is this possible? She looks so grown up standing there in school. I know it will be hard but she is going to do so well. Stay strong mama!

Hugs to all.

Erin K said...

Poor Ben! It looks quite painful. I can't believe Elizabeth is going to start school in a months. Wow!! And her school looks amazing!!

Meg said...

Poor Ben, lucky Elizabeth! Doesn't seem possible she could be going to kindergarten already-a fancy kindergarten too! She'll do great!

chrissy said...

Makes me want to cry. Where did that baby go? I can still picture her and E laying on a blanket next to eachother not even able to sit up! Looks like a fun school though- and poor Ben that looks like quite a fight?

Sue said...

I can't believe it is here all ready. Boo hoo. She'll do great, it's the rest of us that I worry about!!

Joanne said...

Poor Ben!

Elizabeth's school is beautiful! She will be such a great kindergartener!

jessica said...

awww, Benny boy! Ouch! He's so brave!

I CANNOT believe E will be in Kinder next year! That is too hard to believe. She looked just like a kindergartener in her pictures. So adorable. I agree with all, that school looks so nice. She'll love it!