Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



This Mother's Day weekend Tom was out of town so the kids and I got lots of quality time together. Earlier in the week Elizabeth asked if we could have the grandmothers over for tea so we decided to make it a tea for Mother's Day.

We made a few different treats.

We were trying to wait patiently for the guests to arrive :)
The kids did all the work. They made the treats and set the table (I used my china, which I hardly ever use, so we went ahead and used all the different sized plates, just for fun. I let the kids set the table so when I came back into the room they had all the plates lined up around the edge of the table, and they couldn't understand why I had given them 15 plates when there were only going to be 5 of us!)



Ben sat down immediately when our guests arrived to eat. Elizabeth wanted to help so she passed out all the food and drinks.

I think she felt very grown-up hosting her own tea!

Ben really enjoyed all the yummy food.

Elizabeth and Grandma B
Grandma H and the kids.

Afterwards we played in the playroom. Elizabeth finally let me do her hair!

Teacher Elizabeth!

Mother's Day morning we woke up and the kids brought me my presents they had hidden with Tom earlier in the week.
Elizabeth made me this cute wind chime at school - too bad we don't have a tree to hang it up in.
My new mother's day shoes.
We went to brunch at Jessica's house and had a great time eating and playing.


My dad and Ben.

We haven't done pictures with the grandparents lately so we had some photo shoots.
Grandma and Grandpa with all the kids.

Then Jessica tried to get a picture of her kids so Ben was dancing around trying to get them to smile. I think all he succeded in doing was making Cooper and Jackson look at him and not the camera.
Jessica, my mom, and me.
We had a great Mother's Day and hope you did too!

6 comments:

Allison said...

So for Mother's Day you got a weekend as a single mom?! How sweet!!! ;)
Looks like you had a fun weekend with your little ones, you deserve a great Mother's Day!

The A Family said...

Ahh.. Happy Mother's day. What great pictures! Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yes, sounds like a great weekend :)

The Martys said...

What a nice Mother's Day you had. Great pictures!!

Erin K said...

Oh!! What fun times! I love the idea of a tea party with the grandmas. Glad Elizabeth let you braid her hair. It looks great. I need to brush up on my braiding skills...it's been a while.

jessica said...

What great pictures! Sounds like a fun tea with the grandmothers. You guys decorated it so cute!