Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Our Trip to Minnesota/Wisconsin

Last weekend we took a road trip to Minnesota. We made it up their fairly quickly - in about 16 hours. The kids were great in the car, besides the fact that they slept only about 1 hour the entire trip! (I on the other hand slept about 8 hours :) We arrived late on Saturday night at Tom's brother Jim's house. We put the kids to bed and woke up bright and early the next day to play in the lake! Jim and his family live right on the lake and have a speed boat and jet skis so we were in heaven.
Yes, I let the kids ride on the jet skis! I thought I wouldn't let them, but they were big and really couldn't tip over unless you were trying. I won't lie, I was still pretty nervous when they were out on the water! The kids are posing with their cousin Brittney, one of Jim's kids.


They are all ready for the lake. I wasn't sure how they would do with lake water. Last year neither of the kids would swim in the lake. This year Elizabeth LOVED the lake and never wanted to get out. Ben would go in the water, but didn't love it.
Brittney and Elizabeth are on their way back from a ride.

This is Ben's first time in the lake, he looks a little nervous, doesn't he?

Tom, Ben, and Steve (one of Jim's sons) leaving for a ride.

Jim and his wife Mary were nice enough to have all of Tom's siblings over for lunch. Tom has 5 siblings that live in Minnesota so we all had a great time visiting and playing in the lake.

Elizabeth is trying on cousin Pat's wake board.
Some of the big boys, and my kids, off on a boat ride to do some wake boarding.

My kids (and Tom) are loving lake life.
Cousin Jim, I finally was able to snap his picture. He did everything he could to not be in the pictures.
Cousins John and Dan.
Some of the younger kids had a great time swimming in the hot tub. Around the circle is Elizabeth, Maddie, Claire, Lexi, and Jim (the kid with his back turned).

The adults hanging out while the kids are off playing.
My kids loved all the big boys. They could run and jump all over them.

Elizabeth taking a ride on Pat.

There's Elizabeth in the back of the group heading out in the lake.
This was just the first half of our first real day in MN. The second half of the day we were at my Aunt Amy's house. I'll post that tomorrow - this is getting to be long! We had such a great time with all of Tom's family, we wished we lived closer so we could see them more often!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but then you'd have to put up with more snow.

Looks like you guys had a blast, can't wait to see what else you did...

The A Family said...

Wow that was just the first day? I am exhausted!!! Looks beautiful, if only it were that nice all the time up there! Can't wait to see more.

chrissy said...

Looks so nice- I love all the pictures! Glad you let them ride the jet skis- so fun!

Joanne said...

What a great vacation- and it's only half a day so far!! Wow! The lake looks like so much fun! How lucky is your brother-in-law for living there. I can feel your nervousness of letting them ride on the jet skis. I would have been the same. Jay grew up on jet skis so I wouldn't have had a choice. I am sure E and Ben brought home many great memories. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!

Erin K said...

Wow! A rode trip! I had no idea. I thought y'all flew. Glad you're kids were good in the care. Your pics are wonderful! Great job! It looks like y'all had a lot of fun. That's cool that they even wanted on the jet ski in the first place. Brave little kids. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip.

Vanessa said...

what a SUPER FUN trip!! ready to see and read some more!

janet said...

It looks like you had so much fun! We wish we were there with you!

jessica said...

Oh my gosh, what fun! Can't believe that you did all of that before heading over to Amy's. What a fun time with the H family!

Allison said...

What fun!! Glad you really got to enjoy the lake - I bet the kids were ecstatic at the cabin!!