Sunday, June 6, 2010

T Ball

Elizabeth and Ben are both signed up for t ball this year. Elizabeth is on the 5/6 year old team, which is a little more competitive (in relation to Ben's team) and a lot of them have some experience at playing. Elizabeth has none so she was learning a lot at her first practice.
Here she is in the "ready" position, getting ready to scoop up a ball on the ground.


Elizabeth is lucky enough to have her cousin Drew on her team.


Smash it, Elizabeth!

The coach is telling her how to hold her bat, etc...
She really enjoyed herself at her first practice. I'm hoping the excitement continues!
Ben is on the 3/4 year old team with his cousin Josh, our friend Jake, and another friend Alex. It makes watching the practices a lot of fun having a lot of parents we know there.

I didn't get a ton of pictures because I was out on the field helping out a bit. The 3/4 year olds need a lot more help than Elizabeth's team.
Ben loved his practice too, I think hitting was his favorite part!
Games are this week so I'll have some pictures of that, too.
Other than the 100 degree heat it will be a great sport for us I think!

6 comments:

jessica said...

Oh my gosh, they both look so big playing t-ball. Eliz is a girl after my heart, LOVE all of her pink while playing T-ball! Even pink shoes! too cute. Cooper is going to be SO jealous watching them play ball!

Allison said...

What an exciting time! I can't look at the picture of Ben with the helmet without thinking about your kids playing on the field while wearing one... so funny, I will forever laugh about that.

Unknown said...

Wow it is like a whole new chapter begins... Some of my best childhood memories were at the ball fields! Do they still get free snow cones?

Erin K said...

Wow! Hard to beleive they're old enough to participate in organized sports now. It's so great they have friends/family on their teams to kind of provide a familar face that might help with any of those anxious feelings of trying something new. Good luck in this heat. My nephew Will passed out at his baseball game that was at 10 am. Now his team has those ice pads that wrap around the neck.

The A Family said...

So fun!!!! See you guys say we are busy, you are just busy throughout the week. We seem to think it all must me done in a weekend.
E looks way too cute in her pink and I love Ben in his batting helmet!
I am excited for Sam to play, could not find her a team this year. Marc coaches softball so he is picky about where I put her.

Sue said...

Can't wait to see my first game.