Day 3 was full of rain, rain, rain. These pictures are not from day 3 :) Jessica just emailed me her album from the trip and I missed this funny incident from the day before. As you see in the above picture the kids were swimming from the raft so I took the paddle boat out to swim with them, too. Jessica was on the dock and wanted to meet us out there so she swam and I paddled and we met in the middle of the lake. Then came the challenge of Jessica getting on the paddle boat from the lake, with a life vest on. 
There's Jessica trying to get herself into the paddle boat. After the first attempt I knew it was no use trying, we were both laughing too hard for it to work on her own.

I'll bet you can see where this is going! I decided to hoist her in, and of course I ended up overboard, with Jessica. Then just Elizabeth was left on the paddle boat. (my mom was taking these pictures with Jessica's really long lens from the boat that was docked). I left out the last picture of the 2 of us, butts up, laying flat on the paddle boat, after we finally made it back on. It was so funny, but we finally made it back on the boat.
Day 3 was fun, but because of the rain it was a little uneventful. Evan, Emma, and my Aunt Amy drove over from the cities.
Evan was having a great time playing,
and Emma loves to read anything and everything.
We hung out with the kids in the basement. Jackson learned to pull up while we were on vacation!
The kids had a great time playing ring around the rosie. We played it again, and again, and again!

5 comments:
It all looks like great fun and I'm glad your mom was on the ball and recorded the paddle boat adventure and Elizabeth's first time as captain of a boat!! Ummmm, are those Christmas trees in the house? Probably made it seem cooler for you, huh?
I LOVE it! I will have to tell you two my kayaking story. I love adventures that produce MUCH laughter. This post also makes me want pudding. ;D
Fun times! Gotta love those, especially when they make you laugh. Love Elizabeth's braids! They give her a little sassiness. I like it!
So funny, I can't believe I missed this post somehow. I told almost the exact same story on my post, funny.
Meg - those are christmas trees but as my mom prefers to call them - her evergreen trees (that she has christmas lights on) The cabin is decorated with bears and pine trees - really cute!!
Post a Comment