Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

On Elizabeth's last day of school before Halloween the kids were allowed to dress as a story book character. Some teachers were very picky (like Elizabeth's) and made a very big deal that it couldn't be their Halloween costume (except I think it could have been if they were a storybook character. Elizabeth's costume this year was Alice in Wonderland so I know she could have worn it. She was so afraid of not following the rules she refused to wear it). So, she decided to be Pinkalicious. That also means she looks exactly the same as almost any day at school since she wears this dress all the time! :) She thought it was fun though!
We had so much fun this Halloween weekend. We had our annual Halloween party on Saturday that I will post next - but here are Tom and I at our party. Can you tell we're Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee? Elizabeth took this picture of us before all the guests came.
And here are Elizabeth and Ben - or should I say Alice in Wonderland and Buzz Lightyear?!

Halloween morning we got up and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned from the party. We then headed to my parent's house for lunch and trick or treating.



Here's Elizabeth with her treats from Grandma and Grandpa.

Cooper and Jackson came with us to visit Grandma and Grandpa. Once Ben found out that Cooper was going to be Buzz - he had to be Buzz. These boys are twins I tell you!

My mom always manages to find these sucker mouths. It's a favorite with the kids.
After lunch we went to feed the ducks. My mom bought corn to feed them - they loved it!

Here are the kids at their first trick or treating house - our neighbors.
We met up with our friends down the street - Nick and Emma.
Here they are so excited, running away from their first house.
Ben only made it a block before he went home with Tom. Elizabeth and I went with our friends for over an hour so she got a ton of candy!
There were quite a few very spooky houses in our neighborhood. Elizabeth didn't really mind and went up to each one.
Here she is with all her loot. It doesn't look like so much but her entire basket was full to the top. She was very excited to get so much candy (of course).
It was a great Halloween!

6 comments:

Sue said...

The kids looks so cute and looked like they had so much fun. Hard to beat you and Tom though. So funny!

The A Family said...

The looked so cute! It makes me giggle that E is such a rule follower, Samantha is the same way. Sometimes we have to give her permission to break a rule and it throws her world upside down!
I love that you and Tom dress up. Marc would laugh at me :)
The boys looked great as twin buzz lightyear's. I feel the galaxy is much safer with two :)

Erin K said...

Cute costumes! Looks like a really fun Halloween. I'm jealous of all the candy Elizabeth got. Sophia sisn't get nearly as much. But that's probably a good thing. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like E's teacher is smart at getting around a "No Halloween Party" rule. Good for her; school politics and standardized testing takes away the fun of school = must find loop-holes.

Allison said...

That's sounds like fun and I can't wait to see party pics!! Really love the tweedles too. :)

Unknown said...

It looks like a great Halloween- fantastic pics! I am so impressed that Tom was willing to dress up like that- what a great dad! But ya have to love the two buzz light years- i can just hear the family talking about that when the boys are in college!