Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, Elizabeth!

Elizabeth had her birthday last weekend, I can't get over that our baby is now 6!!


She chose a Hello Kitty theme for her party. My friend made her an adorable shirt for her birthday, we loved it!
We had a party at home with the girls from her kindergarten class, and other girls that we are friends with. This is our first birthday where we had just the girls, no boys! I decided to do it this way because she wanted her entire class of girls, and I wanted to just plan activities for girls who were around 5. Boys tend to not like to sit and "craft" like the kindergarten girls do! :)

I'm just going to post about the decor today and the rest of the party tomorrow, too many pictures!!

We used that bottle to play spin the bottle when Elizabeth opened her presents.
My mom asked what I was going to tell the parents when their girls go home and say they played spin the bottle at the party. ;)

In the dining room the girls all did their craft project, a bottle cap necklace.

The necklaces the girls got to choose from.

My sad, melty cake pops- Hello Kitty - can you tell?

These tables are where the girls came in and colored, and then later decorated their cupcakes.

Cupcake decorations,

and the cute drink labels my uncle Ross helped me make.

I made this cake for our evening family party.

A picture of some of our hanging decorations.

The pretty princess!

Next up, the party!

4 comments:

The Martys said...

What an adorable party. I love the labels. I will have to remember that Ross can do that. Looks like E had a great time. Please tell her a belated Birthday from us. ( I don't think I ever wished her one on her day : ( )

TLEB said...

Thanks Amy! I would ask Ross to make stuff all the time if I were you - he's so good and quick at it!!

The A Family said...

Happy Birthday E!!!
Laura you really need to start a kids party blog of creative and fun ideas for all ages :) I love it, even the cute cake pops!

Jamie Murry said...

You, your sister, and your mother are the most creative people on the planet. You need to go into business together! Love looking at your pictures.

Jamie