Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Last Weekend

I know, I know, it's a terrible picture! It's the only picture I had of our Daisy Scout garage sale that we had last weekend. We did a fundraiser for our troop in our leader's yard. The girls made baked goods and lemonade to sell. The moms sold all of our stuff!! It was pretty successful, we made $400! Here's Elizabeth at the money table. The girls took turns sitting at the table, giving cookies to everyone who bought something.
We also went to the zoo and met our friends Joanne, Jay, Jane, Jill, and Jena. It was super cold, but luckily we brought jackets so we were pretty comfortable.

Jane, Jill, Elizabeth and Ben. The best picture of the older kids.

I started making this wreath for Elizabeth's upcoming birthday. I didn't take a finished picture, but I really love the way it turned out. It took SO many balloons though, a lot more than I thought! It's going to be my birthday wreath for the front door any day someone in our family has a birthday.
I have also been loving my cricut and vinyl. I bought these buckets at Michaels for a $1 - and added the kids names. I'm not sure what we are going to do with them, but I think they're cute! In case you can't read the above...
Name: Elizabeth

Excellent on math.

Good on reading.

I was sunning for sun. (not really sure what this means - maybe it's on the yellow slips at her school?)

Elizabeth and her friend Emma were playing school and giving each other yellow slips (for being good) and their brothers were getting blue slips (they were being bad, I guess). It was pretty funny. I loved seeing this on the counter with her spelling - especially the excellent! It was a fun weekend, and we have a crazy week this week ending with Elizabeth's birthday party! I should have a lot to post in the upcoming week! Now if I only had time to post them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think those buckets look perfect for the beach...oh, wait...maybe the pool???

Allison said...

I thought those were buckets for Easter. I did a bucket for Emily last year since we were moving to the beach, but I think you have those matchy embroidered ones, no?
How about on the landing on the stairs. A place to collect the little things you want them to take up to their rooms on the next trip?
Can't wait to see this birthday party!

jessica said...

Love the writing Elizabeth did, that is too cute, and what a fun memory for her to have! As usual all of your projects look so cute!

Meg said...

Writing to Read! If they can write they can read! Great word attack-I could read it all! Spelling will happen! Yeah Elizabeth!

Great wreath!

Joanne said...

Yay for kindergarten spelling! I LOVE it! I like Allison's idea of using the buckets for their egg hunting! THey are super cute... makes me want to go buy some vinyl!