
Over Labor Day weekend we spent a couple of the night with our neighbors. We all have kids around the same age and they love playing together. I had to run home and get my camera to get a picture of all the kids. They squeezed into all these old costumes and put on a play for us. It was so cute!

We also went to my mom's house for some swimming. My mom invited Tom's whole family as well so we had a big group. I made this chocolate,
peanut butter cake that I found on
Pinterest. (I'm so computer
illiterate that I have no idea how to put the link from
pinterest. The link is from the blog the pin came from). I decided if I was going to keep pinning I had to make some of the things I pinned!! This was super good, we all loved it.

Zach hugging baby Campbell.

The kids spent a lot of time running around playing. All was good until Josh took a big run right into something sharp (we're still not sure what it was). He got a pretty good gash on top of his head that bleed a lot. Luckily it wasn't very deep so it stopped bleeding really quickly and everyone got back to playing.

The adults spent a lot of time doing this - eating and talking.

The kids moved to the pool after dinner.


Ryan was the lone adult swimming - he had Jackson duty. It was a gorgeous day out, not very hot, which was a huge change for us.

I think Ryan got the raw end of the deal!

Elizabeth spent a lot of time trying to jump into this twisty thing.

Ben loves the diving board too. He can jump off and swim to the side without any assistance.

She made it! Right into the middle!
We had a great time - it was nice having both families together!
My camera is on the fritz and in the shop - I won't get it back for 2 weeks! Bummer!! But luckily Elizabeth has her camera so if anything interesting happens I'll at least have some way of documenting it!
3 comments:
Bummer about your camera. Looks like you had a great Labor Day and your cake looks yummy. Pinterest sure is addicting. Have your mom show you how to pin. She seems to understand it.
Fun! So lucky to have so many great neighbors you can easily hang out with. I am still avoiding pinning. Will hold strong... I think, for a little while longer. ;)
I just found out about pinning... it already looks like it will get me in trouble! Looks like you had so much fun over the weekend.
Post a Comment