Thursday, October 13, 2011

Daisy Scout Visit to the Fire Station

We took our Daisy girls (and brothers) to the fire station in September to earn our Respecting Authority petal. The visit started with a tour of the station. We saw where the firemen slept and ate, which I think the girls really thought was neat.
This picture won't flip but I like it that both my kids are in it - listening to the fireman! :)



After the tour inside we headed outside to see the trucks.

(my pictures won't flip!!)

After we saw all the parts of the truck the fireman said they would give each of the kids a ride in the truck since we brought them dinner! They were so excited! Elizabeth got to go first with 3 other kids.

She's all buckled up, ready to go!

And they are off!


I took a picture of Ben on a brush fire truck, which they have needed a ton here in TX this summer since we are so dry.


Anna, Emma, and Ben while we are waiting for the kids to come back from their ride.

Elizabeth's on her way back!

Now it's Ben's turn to go.



Here they are on their way back.



We had a great visit with our firefighters. The kids had such a great time, and were so lucky they got a ride! (They told us they never give rides to the kids....I guess they really liked the food! :)

5 comments:

The Martys said...

Emma just did that with her Kindergarten class. No rides though. It looks like fun was had by all.

Sue said...

What a special experience for the kids. They'll remember this!

Allison said...

You mean to tell me that you let your kids ride without the proper car/booster seat? That is definitely "bloggable!" ;) Sounds like fun - and lucky fireman to receive dinner!

jessica said...

That's so fun, and what a cool experience to ride on the fire truck! If I were there I would have wanted to ride too!

TLEB said...

Allison - I didn't even question it - they were well strapped in with these huge seat belts across their chest and stomach - they weren't going anywhere! :)