Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Play

I've done a pretty poor job blogging in 2011, I'm going to try to do better in 2012!






I have always had a problem with knowing what do to with my family Christmas cards from past years and our Santa pictures year after year. I have a small scrapbook that the pictures go in, but I also like to have them out where I can see them often. We were getting to have so many pictures that I couldn't figure out the best way to display them. My mom came across this idea in some blog - not sure which one - so I decided to make a banner with all of the cards and Santa pictures. I used my cricut to cut out the backgrounds and just added my pictures in order by year. I tied them all individually so I can just add to it every year. I love that I can see it all the time, and it really adds to the decor.

Our neighbor and friend, Emma, took an acting class this year through our school district. She invited us and our other neighbors to come see her show, along with Mrs. H - Elizabeth and Emma's first grade teacher. There were a couple of other first graders in the show and I thought it was so nice - 3 of the first grade teachers came from their school to watch the show.



Elizabeth and her buddy Brady, being crazy. We're already talking about how we are going to have to be watching these two in a few years!

There is Emma on stage, sitting in the front with a pink shirt and purple vest with cute pink cheeks. She did a great job!

The kiddos after the show (I'm not sure where Ben was).

Here is Elizabeth with her teacher. She was so excited to see her at the show!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Cute. So nice of those teachers to show up - it always means SO much to the kids!
You also know that I LOVE that banner idea. When you visit me next December you can check mine out! ;)

TLEB said...

Will do Allison! :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea! Looks like you have been one busy family this year, but looking forward to your blog posts for 2012!!