Monday, February 27, 2012

Birthday Present and a Field Trip

Ben got this really fun science kit from his cousin Cooper for his birthday so while Elizabeth was at school one day we had fun experimenting.


He was seeing what things dissolved and he really loved it!

I made this ruler from pinterest - I added all the measurements from the kids from 6 months on - it's so fun to look back at all their heights and how their heights compared at each of their ages.

A few days later Elizabeth had a field trip to a local pool. What a fun field trip!



Parents were allowed to come, but we had to stay up in the stands and watch from above.

If the kids weren't going off the diving board they were crammed into this little area :) I think it was easier for lifeguards to watch them here.

Ben is really starting to come out of his shell. He had never met this little boy before but he immediately went off to play with him.




After swimming the kids got changed and ate lunch in the bleachers.

It was a very fun day for the kids, I'm so glad I was able to come and watch for a bit!

7 comments:

Allison said...

What a crazy and great field trip! I am surprised... I wonder why a pool? And that birthday present looks like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. The pool I worked at in high school had a "parents in the stands" policy and it was great. Made it so much easier to teach/guard without them intervening. As for being "crammed" in the small area, I bet the kids barely noticed, but rather just felt like "there were so many people; it was so fun." Looks like a fun time.

Way to go, Ben, on his science skills.

jessica said...

Fun activities! I didn't know E went to the pool for a field trip, so fun!

Unknown said...

wow that is a cool playdate and you pinterest projected turned out great!

TLEB said...

Sharon - the kids for sure loved being crammed - I was slightly worried that a kid being accidentally held under wouldn't be noticed with so many kids and so little adults, but most kids had life vests on so i guess I shouldn't have been too worried. It's in my nature I guess! :) I agree with parents in the stands, it would have been way too distracting otherwise.

Nikki said...

Looks like you guys have been busy and having lots of fun! We miss you guys!

The A Family said...

I love the project! How cute is that. I am impressed by the pool, that is a crazy field trip. Happy Birthday to Ben!