Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ben the Soccer Player


 Last time Ben played soccer (granted he was 3) he would sprint off the field, crying, as fast as he could.  He didn't play one minute.  This year he is 5 and he is doing such a great job.  Ben is one of the youngest on his team, but he is hanging in there with the other kids. 
 Josh also plays on Ben's team so Drew and Elizabeth are their cheering squad (when they aren't playing soccer on their own in the field behind us). 

 Here they are about to start the game. 

 There are quite a few kids on the team so they take turns sitting out. 
 It's Josh's turn for a break.
 At the end of the game - great job Lions!!

A day or two later the kids and Tom were hot so the kids just stripped down to their undies to swim!  The joy of having your own pool I guess!  (I did not participate :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

HAHAHA! I love that Ben is loving soccer and doing so well!! But I am laughing about you in your undies in the pool. Doesn't seem like your thing. :)

jessica said...

Oh I know what you guys do in the privacy of your own pool!!! (Kidding, kidding!) Ben did a great job playing soccer this year, he's grown up so much!