Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Class Parties

 I can't remember what we are all doing this day - the kids are at my house looking cute all matching...maybe this was before the kids headed to a play with Grandma and Grandpa?




 Elizabeth's brownie troop had their Christmas party at one of the other girl's house. 
 Here they are doing an ornament exchange. 

 Grandma and Grandpa B surprised the kids with a trip to see Christmas lights and go out to dinner!  They told me when they were coming by so I made sure it was quiet in the house.  My parents went to our front door and started shaking jingle bells.  My kids heard them and were a little confused what was going on - until they heard that they got to go to dinner and see Christmas lights - then they were just excited!

 I am Ben's room mom so I planned the K Christmas party for his class.  I am going to explain what I did so I can remember for future years :)
 The first game was a snowball relay.  The kids used a spoon to carry a cotton ball to the snowman contained at the end of the room. 


 The next game we played was each group had one candy cane they had to move from one end of the line to the other using only their pinkies. 
 They loved it!

 Next we came back to the classroom and the kids worked at four stations.  One station was cookie decorating (they decorated a round cookie like a snowman face) and drinking hot chocolate.
 At the second station the kids made an ornament and played with peppermint play dough.
 The third station was snowman bingo.




 The fourth station was pin the nose on the teacher and then they played with mini marshmallows - stacking them, racing with them, etc...
It was a very fun party.  As soon as it was finished I headed over to 2nd grade to help with her party. 
 They made ornaments with fruit loops on pipe cleaners. 

 This game was a huge hit.  They had to race to see who could eat a mini donut fastest.  Everyone LOVED it!







Elizabeth and her teacher.  It was a busy, fun day!

2 comments:

jessica said...

You guys have had a fun Christmas season!

Allison said...

We were there last year for Christmas parties. Lots of sugar that day too! Probably a favorite memory for sure!