At the end of May we celebrated Grandma and Grandpa B's birthdays.
I wanted to add this picture of Claire since she isn't in the other pictures, but it's not the best :) I think she's wondering what the heck I'm doing taking her picture while she eats.
Grandma and the crazy kids - posing with one of the presents.
We had a very terrible, sad event this summer. Tom's dad, John, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at the beginning of May. By the beginning of June he had passed away. John was such a special man, so kind and sweet - we all miss him so much. Our family all came together at our house a couple of days before the funeral to celebrate John's life. We all know what John would have wanted us to be doing - hanging out in the backyard, watching the kids swim, and drinking a beer - so that is what we did.
Carole and John's sister in laws
Mary, Cooper, and cousin Katie
Jackson and Sarah
My dad, Tom's sister Nancy, brother in law Chuck, brother Jim, brother in law Mike and cousin Katie.
The cousins spent pretty much the entire time swimming.
Katie and Elizabeth
Katie is a second cousin of Elizabeth's - the girls had never met before but they had a blast playing and getting to know each other. Elizabeth was so excited to finally have a girl her age to play with in the family!
Zach was getting really good at all the boogie boarding!
My mom and dad - such a good picture of the two of them!
I had to add this picture - it makes me laugh every time I see it - look at Claire!! She's thinking who is this crazy holding onto me?! I was trying to take her from her mom but she wasn't having any part of that. Now (two months later) she really likes me. Then - not so much.
We had a nice dinner that my mom and dad helped me provide.
All the H ladies we could find - we might actually all be there!
These pictures aren't great but they are from the reception after the funeral.
The location was beautiful and Carole had a wonderful meal for everyone.
It was such a sad time, but at the same time so wonderful for everyone to be able to get together to celebrate John's life. He would have loved to have us all there together.
3 comments:
It was a great way to celebrate John's life, and you are right, that's exactly the way he would have wanted his family to do it. I still expect to see him at every H event. He is so missed.
So sad. We all get together for weddings and funerals, right? I SO prefer the weddings though! He was watching it all and enjoying it. xo
That is so sad, but what a wonderful celebration of his life. I agree exactly with mom.
Post a Comment